I feel bad for the name I drew

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Last week I got the bad news that my central heating unit has to be replaced. $3500+tax. I've been playing temperature guardian with the gas logs fireplace for the past week 24/7 while I'm home which means little sleep at night and I still have another week to go til they can get me a new unit. I'm no hvac guy but they showed me where something cracked inside the existing unit which was causing carbon monoxide to leak out and the thing to not blow heat.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Bad to worse
My main wave pump which circulates pretty much my whole tank is down. I've cleaned it, reassembled it. I dont know

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Last week I got the bad news that my central heating unit has to be replaced. $3500+tax. I've been playing temperature guardian with the gas logs fireplace for the past week 24/7 while I'm home which means little sleep at night and I still have another week to go til they can get me a new unit. I'm no hvac guy but they showed me where something cracked inside the existing unit which was causing carbon monoxide to leak out and the thing to not blow heat.
I'm so sorry

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
When it rains it pours! No worries buddy take care of yourself and that tank! Make sure all the critters are good and you can take care of your R2R when things look better!

+1. I completely agree with this comment - the only thing that I would add is to communicate to @Santa Claus and/or @Hermey if life doesn't allow you to send anything at this point. Please take care of yourself and your animals!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I was your person, I would not be upset if you sent a note explaining things have come up and there will be a delay. We all know stuff happens and communication is the key.

I have not sent out the gifts for my person yet. And I would love to draw some reef art for them in addition to purchasing stuff in their wishlist, but time is not allowing right now. So, they may just get a note saying to expect a surprise later (Christmas in July? lol).

Me either. How much better to get a surprise gift in say...June!

Hermey

Official R2R Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
I also feel bad for the person I drew. I’ve sent mine and I already got something and suddenly today I got two more heavy boxes from my Santa one of which is huge and my husband is going to come home and think I’m ordering a bunch of stuff. o_O
Squeaky McMuedo.....you competing with Crabs McJones?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, this winter is not going well
weekend after thanks giving we had the worst local storm since 1991, easily over three feet of snow, had to miss a whole entire week of work, I got in this weekend but right now we are having another storm, might miss this week too, it's not looking good.
So there's less money coming in since I am hourly pay
Plus I was able to get a bunch of zoas for VERY cheap in an auction so I thought why not, they are coming tomorrow but then friday I saw my asternia eating my zoas, they have never done it before and they def are eating it...... been manually removing them, couldn't find a harlequin local so had to spend my tiny storm check on getting one online..... and I'm not making this up.... for the past few days my temp has been going down so I thought it was my room since it was winter but nothing I did was working. Last night I touched my heater, it's dying, it's not dead.... I put it up and I'm watching my temp but I might have to get a new heater
and all of this is happening during christmas! I haven't got a single present yet, I need some for my family, two gift exchanges including the one here (which I wanted to go all out on but that's not happening with the deadline) and I also thought of sending a bunch of small gifts for people but I haven't even been able to buy one yet.....
I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just frustrated, needed it out
also apologize to people I said I'd buy gifts for I feel horrible about it
I also feel like people are thinking I'm making this up not to spend money, I'm not truly I'm not
I feel your hurt not that im affected but this does happen. My suggestion would be to send an anonymous card to recipient and explain there are issues and you did not forget and they will see package.

OPTION B : Anyone want to join me in sending a gift to this recipient on behalf of Bryce M ??

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I thought you meant return pump, which is what I have.. I have no spare wave pumps, sorry! I hope someone else can help you! If anyone wants to help, he has posted his address on elfster

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I got a 30 lb box and my husband isn’t going to believe me that it’s from some person on a fish forum.

Meanwhile my person posted and is apparently disappointed, so now I feel like crap.

Well I would say that your Husband can't be mad at a Secret Santa!! I mean that doesn't seem right! Just wait til he gets home and open them together. As far as whoever got your gift they need to learn how to be happy with the things given to them in life. Most of the time we get nothing so anything is much more then that.

No matter what, Happy Holidays Squeaky!

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
I got a 30 lb box and my husband isn’t going to believe me that it’s from some person on a fish forum.

Meanwhile my person posted and is apparently disappointed, so now I feel like crap.
Did your person say that??

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back