I feel bad for the name I drew

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, this winter is not going well
weekend after thanks giving we had the worst local storm since 1991, easily over three feet of snow, had to miss a whole entire week of work, I got in this weekend but right now we are having another storm, might miss this week too, it's not looking good.
So there's less money coming in since I am hourly pay
Plus I was able to get a bunch of zoas for VERY cheap in an auction so I thought why not, they are coming tomorrow but then friday I saw my asternia eating my zoas, they have never done it before and they def are eating it...... been manually removing them, couldn't find a harlequin local so had to spend my tiny storm check on getting one online..... and I'm not making this up.... for the past few days my temp has been going down so I thought it was my room since it was winter but nothing I did was working. Last night I touched my heater, it's dying, it's not dead.... I put it up and I'm watching my temp but I might have to get a new heater
and all of this is happening during christmas! I haven't got a single present yet, I need some for my family, two gift exchanges including the one here (which I wanted to go all out on but that's not happening with the deadline) and I also thought of sending a bunch of small gifts for people but I haven't even been able to buy one yet.....
I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just frustrated, needed it out
also apologize to people I said I'd buy gifts for I feel horrible about it
I also feel like people are thinking I'm making this up not to spend money, I'm not truly I'm not
Oh you definitely cant feel bad when life happens everyone understands that, we all live too. A lot of us feel guilty about not giving more I definitely did. My SS gave so much and what I could give was only a small fraction of that. I kept getting gifts 4 days in a row and my wife thought I was blowing way more than my fish budget. I explained to her and she got it then I tried to send more to mine because I felt guilty and she shut that down. I felt bad about this for a while, but honestly I would have been happy just to get any gift from a stranger with a passion for the same hobby. Some have more to give some do not if I had more I'd give more but I cant. But I cant let myself feel bad for something I cant control and neither should you or anyone else feeling this way and reading these messages. If anyone signed up and cant give at all tell someone and I'm sure you will get help. This is suppose to make everyone involved happy. Merry Christmas everyone enjoy giving anything and getting anything because that's what its all about.

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
hey guys so yes the heater is taken care of and the pumps might be too
yesterday those corals came in, but the shrimp and such was delayed....
stars have been easy to keep off the zoas
my small pump has been dedicated to the anemone, despite all of this the new guys are doing good
the shrimp I got for the zoas yeah..... should come today.... maybe I'm just shook up by all this but yesterday I was sure it was going to be a full DOA but I'm a bit more optimistic, so hopefully they are all okay, atleast some survivors I hope
temp is lower then I want but it's staying steady, so for now it's going to be okay.
obviously a bandaid fix but the big guns are coming in
thank you guys so much, I'm pretty sure my tank is going to make it
I'm more worried about the temp (since the two things that NEED flow are getting it, dedicating my only pump to it) but the heater is coming tomorrow and I'm sure the tank will be fine for one more day

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am not going to lie, this winter is not going well
weekend after thanks giving we had the worst local storm since 1991, easily over three feet of snow, had to miss a whole entire week of work, I got in this weekend but right now we are having another storm, might miss this week too, it's not looking good.
So there's less money coming in since I am hourly pay
Plus I was able to get a bunch of zoas for VERY cheap in an auction so I thought why not, they are coming tomorrow but then friday I saw my asternia eating my zoas, they have never done it before and they def are eating it...... been manually removing them, couldn't find a harlequin local so had to spend my tiny storm check on getting one online..... and I'm not making this up.... for the past few days my temp has been going down so I thought it was my room since it was winter but nothing I did was working. Last night I touched my heater, it's dying, it's not dead.... I put it up and I'm watching my temp but I might have to get a new heater
and all of this is happening during christmas! I haven't got a single present yet, I need some for my family, two gift exchanges including the one here (which I wanted to go all out on but that's not happening with the deadline) and I also thought of sending a bunch of small gifts for people but I haven't even been able to buy one yet.....
I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm just frustrated, needed it out
also apologize to people I said I'd buy gifts for I feel horrible about it
I also feel like people are thinking I'm making this up not to spend money, I'm not truly I'm not
Hey,
Life happens and if you can’t do SS at least keep your tank and life moving forward and BE HAPPY!
I just took my medication to mask the pain of my failing spinal cord and SS is just icing on life’s cake. Don’t sweat the small challenges that interrupt our lives.
Keep on Reefing!

OP
OP
Bryce M.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
hey did anyone send me livestock that was supposed to come today.
I got a call from my post office that for some reason they held a package saying live animals "incase I wasn't home" (which if I did order I'd be expecting)
or did anyone send me something in a livestock package?
I have no clue what it would be?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Don't feel bad. Last week I got the bad news that my central heating unit has to be replaced. $3500+tax. I've been playing temperature guardian with the gas logs fireplace for the past week 24/7 while I'm home which means little sleep at night and I still have another week to go til they can get me a new unit. I'm no hvac guy but they showed me where something cracked inside the existing unit which was causing carbon monoxide to leak out and the thing to not blow heat.
Heat exchanger crack is never good. There are many new items on R2R marketplace that are reasonably priced..... Its the thought that counts

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Heat exchanger crack is never good. There are many new items on R2R marketplace that are reasonably priced..... Its the thought that counts

I won’t let my SS recipient down. Times are tough but I honor my obligations. Besides, my tax return will pay it off in February.

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If I was your person, I would not be upset if you sent a note explaining things have come up and there will be a delay. We all know stuff happens and communication is the key.

I have not sent out the gifts for my person yet. And I would love to draw some reef art for them in addition to purchasing stuff in their wishlist, but time is not allowing right now. So, they may just get a note saying to expect a surprise later (Christmas in July? lol).

Just for your art it would be worth the wait!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as usual all is well, yes?

I am almost never serious, have you seen my posts? But this is an area I have to be stoic? (Is that right?)

But here it goes. I have not seen @Mjrenz in a while but it will be the same advice. (If he’s around he knows)

Please, please, please. Take care of yourself first and family. Everyone will understand. If they don’t understand, well maybe that’s the person that does not have the same priorities as you. And please, please, please, it is not an obligation. Those are things like taking care of family, being there for friends and family.

Now, setting an expectation and not meeting it is something all together different. But I have yet to meet anyone that has met every expectation they have set. What makes the difference is you say I know I set this expectation but I cannot fulfill it at this time. Again the other party will understand. If not then, you know

So in summary, (because I do not do good at long posts, my head hurts, and I hope I did not overstep my boundaries)

Enjoy the holidays. Enjoy the family and friends. Don’t overextend yourself. Don’t eat the yellow snow

(Please don’t report me:))

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as usual all is well, yes?

I am almost never serious, have you seen my posts? But this is an area I have to be stoic? (Is that right?)

But here it goes. I have not seen @Mjrenz in a while but it will be the same advice. (If he’s around he knows)

Please, please, please. Take care of yourself first and family. Everyone will understand. If they don’t understand, well maybe that’s the person that does not have the same priorities as you. And please, please, please, it is not an obligation. Those are things like taking care of family, being there for friends and family.

Now, setting an expectation and not meeting it is something all together different. But I have yet to meet anyone that has met every expectation they have set. What makes the difference is you say I know I set this expectation but I cannot fulfill it at this time. Again the other party will understand. If not then, you know

So in summary, (because I do not do good at long posts, my head hurts, and I hope I did not overstep my boundaries)

Enjoy the holidays. Enjoy the family and friends. Don’t overextend yourself. Don’t eat the yellow snow

(Please don’t report me:))
Great speech I think we all needed to hear that.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back