I feel silly; but need my tank shipped to me...

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my tank is paid for, and got it for a song; but I need it shipped from California to the Panhandle of Texas. Anyone ship their glass tank via the major shippers. I had my manchinery shipped by a vendor for my company BUT, never a fish tank. It's a bow front that is 90 gals. TIA.

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90g bowfront would probably be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Find an LTL logistics company, GoShip.com, or something similar... you'd need to crate it up.

I'd call the local fish store and get a quote on a new tank. Heck, might be time to upgrade :)

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree above this is going to be cost prohibitive.

Besides cost. Dealing with shipping insurance when something goes wrong is not the quickest of processes.

I had ordered a terrarium through amazon a few years ago. First shipment was a plastic frame with some shattered glass in a box. Had to carry this heavy box to fedex have it shipped back. They sent another one. Same thing happened. I got my $200 back but it wasnt the quickest of processes. Unless i was dealing with a large company backing me up i would not ship a glass box even 10 miles [emoji23]

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90g bowfront would probably be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Find an LTL logistics company, GoShip.com, or something similar... you'd need to crate it up.

I'd call the local fish store and get a quote on a new tank. Heck, might be time to upgrade :)
Hi!
It's purchased already. I can budget 300 for the ship. I build crates; or should say have built crates for machinery; and nope, the fish stores by me sell them very expensive; so I'm ok with the ship. I like the idea of "GoShip.com"...will check them out.

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You m
Agree above this is going to be cost prohibitive.

Besides cost. Dealing with shipping insurance when something goes wrong is not the quickest of processes.

I had ordered a terrarium through amazon a few years ago. First shipment was a plastic frame with some shattered glass in a box. Had to carry this heavy box to fedex have it shipped back. They sent another one. Same thing happened. I got my $200 back but it wasnt the quickest of processes. Unless i was dealing with a large company backing me up i would not ship a glass box even 10 miles [emoji23]
You make a good point; I do have a company I deal with, but I figured they didn't ship tanks...uhm...I'm not in a big huge hurry; yes, you are right, shipping can be $$, the most machinery I've had shipped was about 30K, so I am a little fearless as this is alot less...I'll let you know how it goes.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about a road trip?
Sedona is nice.

OP
OP
HunterW

HunterW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on that 92, it will be here end of August, and it is coming in with other bulk stuff from the company of the seller for just 250 with them packing it. With a new pumps, used skimmer, lights I didn't go upside down...but it was nerve racking for a minute I will tell ya that.tf listening.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back