I found something else on the glass. What is it?

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6941e6180f02eb78b5ca5c017486ec21.jpg

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. So could this be killing my corals? I bought a nice microscope that will be here tomorrow. I'm going to pull a few corals and see what I see.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No probaly not. They are sometimes just the babies of somthing elese. So in large numbers it could irritate them. But....

I do have them on my glass a lot recently. No ill effects.
But who knows what the parents are doing to stuff.

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, thanks. I will stay on my search for why my corals are dying...quickly. Maybe the microscope will help

OP
OP
Monkeynaut

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...-acros-would-bleach-i-also-have-had-a.308974/

I talked to you about my issues in the thread above. I still have corals dying, even ones that have been in the tank for weeks. The LPS sort of recede over a few days until they are bone and the SPS sticks turn white bone almost instantly over night.

I was just about to update my post to adjust it for what I have done recently. Which is I added NO3 to get nitrates up to a readable level. I also allowed phosphate to show up. I added Aquaforest components A, B, and C and the Amino Mix per the directions. After a few weeks of these changes I still have corals dying (healthy one day and receding the next) These corals aren't turning pastels either. The parts that recede do it over night basically and the rest of the coral can look great, polyps out and all. But I have learned that once it starts it is inevitably going to be all bone soon.
I watched the flesh flow off of a Acro during the day once. It doesn't seem to be anything eating them. Nothing I can see with the naked eye at least.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back