I got majanos !!!

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as the title says I got em. Not alot bit on some rocks and on the sand. What can you guys recommend to get rid of them ?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, I read the title and thought...who is that excited about majanos..? o_O

If they are small you can try aiptasia x, or get the wand. I think there is also a product called joes juice.
Syringe and boiling hot water or kalk paste.

More than 1 way to skin a cat! ;Poto

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, I read the title and thought...who is that excited about majanos..? o_O

If they are small you can try aiptasia x, or get the wand. I think there is also a product called joes juice.
Syringe and boiling hot water or kalk paste.

More than 1 way to skin a cat! ;Poto
Lol not excited at all, they are small, just annoying to see them. I read that kali don't work on them but I will try anything. Does the sand work Well ? Cuz it aint cheap ?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol not excited at all, they are small, just annoying to see them. I read that kali don't work on them but I will try anything. Does the sand work Well ? Cuz it aint cheap ?
I've never used it, however, I remember reading some decent reviews on it a while back.

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna a try the kalk first, that wand is a 150 and I'm just a poor working dude

OP
OP
Eddie7144

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can remove the rock from the tank and cut them out, that would be best. Some other might have suggestions for treating in the tank.
I can do that to some of the more manageable rocks . Will they grow back of i cut them ? Of should I boil the rocks in water and kill everything ?

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I worry more about the fact that nearly any reasonably porous rock will physically EXPLODE when boiled than the possibility that some may also let off toxic gasses. But either reason is a good reason to never boil rocks. I sometimes wonder if anyone could ever be so foolish as to actually do that, then I read the news and am reminded of the average level of common sense in the population.

+1 to never boil rocks

MichelleRay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had majanos in my last tank and I got rid of them with a very low tech solution. Use a needle to inject them with lemon juice. Sometimes it would take 2 injections on 2 different days, but it did work. I just jabbed the needle as far into the rock as I could. Good part is it can get into the hole pretty easily too. Worth a try perhaps?

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your gonna try to rid them with a solution I would try kalk paste. Make the slurry thick enough to cover the manjano. I'd avoid actually injecting it. Cover it slowly as to reduce the manjano reacting and leave all the pumps off for a good 30 minutes. If it's thick enough it will blanket the manjano and stay put until pumps come back on.

TUSI

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had them and fought them with no success. They will multiply very rapidly. If you get to them I would use glue and just cover them . In my case I couldn't reach every one and ended removing rocks and coral and after a month some were back cause I must have missed one or two. What worked for me was a file fish. It cleaned my tank and so far I don't see one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back