I got this fish from live aquaria today

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have antibiotics on the way from amazon but won’t get here for 2 days. Can I use melafix for right now or should I wait?
Melafix yes. . . . I say yes as if this fish has anything bacterial - you just eliminated that factor, plus not harsh.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HLLE to my experience - doesnt develop in a short period of time - and I doubt Liveaquaria has had this fish for a long period of time. I doubt its HLLE, Probably happened in shipping. I would report it to them - and in the meantime keep feeding appropriate foods - if its not eating pellets - try some frozen - or get some live (if you can - its hard now-a days). Hope the fish does ok...

OrthoVet05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got the tang to eat the seaweed by putting it in a mixture of frozen brine shrimp, mysis, and crushed spectrum pellets. He was very happy haha

That's awesome! I was about to say, just give him a couple of days too... I mean it is impossible to judge a fish in the first 24-48 hours in a QT tank after experiencing the stressors of being transported via air, truck, going through tons of climate changes, sounds, vibrations, etc.

It seems like the gut knee jerk response is to try every single thing you can in the first 24 hours, when the best thing to do is just be patient and wait before causing more stress on ourselves, especially with COVID-19 circulating around!

That is quite the sailfin also.

Back