• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

I had a terrible experience with the Canadian Tunze distributor, and I'll never support them again.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fishdisease

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last winter I purchased a Tunze 3155 ATO for my 180 gallon tank and it worked perfectly, until the pump failed this past Christmas. Knowing that Tunze as a company is typically great I contacted the US office, as they directed me to the Canadian distributor to get a replacement pump. Today, after 2 months of lack of communication, being blamed for the delays, being belittled as a customer and receiving nothing except terrible and unprofessional customer service from the person in charge of Tunze in Canada, I rage quit and will no longer be supporting the company. While I do not expect my experience to influence your decisions, I hope it does so they understand that even single customers can make a difference.

- December 26th 2018 - I reached out via the contact form as directed by my LHBS
- January 14th I was able to get in touch with the Canadian distributor and we agreed they would ship a replacement direct to me. I asked to purchase a second pump and was told that I'd receive a paypal invoice for the cost.
- January 15th I provided my paypal address
- January 18th I was asked for me shipping address.
- February 7th I asked where we were on this and was told that the item had shipped when I paid. When I explained I hadn't received the invoice I was asked for my paypal address once again.
- February 8th I contacted Roger at Tunze USA to poke Xenia Inc for me.
- February 11th I was told the invoice was sent to the wrong email address, it was resent, and I paid
- February 11th The pump was shipped
- February 22nd I asked for the tracking

The following is the non-redacted email conversation that followed. While I may have over-reacted in my first response, the follow up responses from the Tunze rep were berating, unprofessional and frankly immature. For those of you who don't know, the 80/20 rule of business is that 80% of your business comes from 20% of your clients so you can ignore the other 80% and still be ok. This is what incites me the most and what you should be most concerned about, that he admits that he, and by extension Tunze, do not care at all about individual customers and only care about big accounts.

Edit: If you are wondering about my business, it doesn't exist at my house anymore because I've expanded to 2 retail locations in 2 provinces. It outgrew that address long ago.
XeniaInc.jpg

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has been moved to vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted with exception to linking to your own feedback thread in regards to the same vendor. This is so that hopefully @Fishdisease and @rvitko (Tunze) can come to a resolution regarding the issue.

Thanks,

Crabs

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back