I had an MP 40 replaced Now unable to find either in Mobius app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an MP 40 repaired a few months back. I never bothered to have the repaired MP 40 added back into the app. tonight I decided to try messing with the app settings. The app can't connect to either MP 40 setup on my tank. If I do add a new tank, it finds 1 legacy mp40 that I can try adding or resetting and then it fails every time. Otherwise it says it cannot connect to my tank, and if I do a new tank it finds no devices. I'm so confused as to what to do. I tried finding quick start guides on line to see if I could start over and could find nothing. I looked through the papers that came in the box (have the original boxes) and remembered how much of a problem I had getting them setup when I first got them. Kept on disconnecting from my phone when I'm standing 3 Inches from the controllers. I really wish they would have stayed with Wifi, just update the wifi board to a more powerful transmitter and keep them wifi. Better yet, add an ethernet port to them. I have my whole house wired for ethernet. I'd gladly run an ethernet cord to them. 100% reliable.

I'm thinking of buying one or two more and I'm thinking just forgetting the mobius app all together. Which eliminates about 50% of the features of being able to setup custom programs that I used to be able to do reliably and quite easily through the apex fusion app on my pc. Was so much easier! Click and upload the new program from anywhere. It worked so slick!

So, how do I get the MP40s added back into my Mobius app? The app doesn't let me click or change settings or remove devices or anything, just keeps trying to detect them and never does. Am I better off just forgetting about the app? I've spent 2 hours on it tonight trying to reset the MP40s through the controllers, and trying to connect, trying to add to a new tank, trying to do anything I could think of to get them to pair, but, no way to remove the old MP 40 that I'm sure it's trying to detect.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back