I hate my IM Fusion pico tank.....

RJinPV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still wondering what the wet squirrel did to deserve this....

What about stuffing those kitchen mesh plastic scrubbers in there to push the fish out and deny reentry? Then net him...

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly fill the area with sand until its full enough to get him out, once you got him, siphon the sand out. It's a pain in the neck, but it should work!

Lol. Slowly fill the area with small cut-up pieces of hotdog. Then when you’ve got him out— have a ‘weenie roast’ and celebrate! (Sorry... couldn’t resist :)). Best wishes to all, and happy fish-keeping!

I'm still wondering what the wet squirrel did to deserve this....

What about stuffing those kitchen mesh plastic scrubbers in there to push the fish out and deny reentry? Then net him...

All good ideas but if you could see how the rear chambers are made you would understand I really can't do any of those. If I start putting anything in the chamber he's in he will dart back underneath the extension of the chamber under the adjacent one. For this reason I have to block his retreat very quickly, hence the device above that I fashioned.

Problem is he is very smart/wary. He will only come out if I turn the return pump off and entice him with food. Even then if I shine a light to see where he is or move to fast, he's gone. For now I've put my device in to block his retreat in the second chamber and my plan is to try to entice him in to that chamber.

MaryL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep had this problem a couple times. Once with a tiny puffer I was quarantining. Had to empty the tank and dump him out into a bucket. Another time I had two peppermint shrimp sneak through the overflow and into the rear chamber. Not fun.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever you do manage to get him back in your display tank, is your plan to weigh him down with little metal fishing weights, so he can’t jump as high the next time? ;Joyful

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fusion 10G and a blue chromis has been living in the rare for 2 months now... I throw in some fish food every morning [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

furcifer208

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe we currently have two clown gobies in the back of our IM nuvo fusion 20. I recommend siphoning him out with 1/2'' tube (using your mouth on the big end) but it only works the first time. They won't fall for it twice. I've given up. We may have a tail spot blenny back there now. Basically all the shy fish.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/just-set-up-my-first-reef-tank.413831/page-3#post-4929019
Got him!
IMG_20190609_173753133.jpg

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triumph!!!!!!!! I caught the little criminal! Turned off the return pump and lured him in to the second chamber after I had placed my blocking tool. Got the net below him and got him the first try!

Outstanding! We're on a roll @furcifer208 What's the odds we both get them on the same night?!

Success!!!
Now to find the guy who designed the tank and a wet squirrel....

There are about a dozen squirrels terrorizing my bird feeders and with all the flooding no shortage of places to wet them down. Now to find the designer responsible for this travesty! :D

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triumph!!!!!!!! I caught the little criminal! Turned off the return pump and lured him in to the second chamber after I had placed my blocking tool. Got the net below him and got him the first try!

Outstanding! We're on a roll @furcifer208 What's the odds we both get them on the same night?!

There are about a dozen squirrels terrorizing my bird feeders and with all the flooding no shortage of places to wet them down. Now to find the designer responsible for this travesty! :D

Stop! I can’t take any more wet squirrel comments without wetting my pants. Staaaawp hahahah

exasperatus2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not really. However if I could get my hands on the guy that designed the back chambers in this all in one I would beat him with a wet squirrel!

I'm a reneck and have never heard that one before! Love it, going to have to use that. Thank you.

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a pico and not a clown Goby but I have a Naoko Fairy Wrasse living in my overflow... at least I think he is. But I had a Royal Gramma in an AIO back chamber. I used my hand to block the opening and used a net on the other side.

Rover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not envy you!

I have the same tank, and when I saw that there is a 'lower part' beneath the first two chambers I had to do a double take. What the /hell/ kind of design plan is that?!

You'll never be able to clean under it without ripping everything out of the back area, and like you saw... a nightmare if a fish gets there.

For those wondering what it looks like, this is a video of the same tank with the back scraped clean so you can see.:

It should give you an idea of the SUPER TINY working space there is!

As a question to the OP; What auto-top-up are you using? Mine will not correctly work in the sump, it keeps overfilling until the float trips and the alarm squeals...

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not envy you!

I have the same tank, and when I saw that there is a 'lower part' beneath the first two chambers I had to do a double take. What the /hell/ kind of design plan is that?!

You'll never be able to clean under it without ripping everything out of the back area, and like you saw... a nightmare if a fish gets there.

For those wondering what it looks like, this is a video of the same tank with the back scraped clean so you can see.:

It should give you an idea of the SUPER TINY working space there is!

As a question to the OP; What auto-top-up are you using? Mine will not correctly work in the sump, it keeps overfilling until the float trips and the alarm squeals...

I'm using the Aqua Gadget ATO controller, don't recall which pump I'm using but I think it's also Aqua Gadget .

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beating ppl w a wet squirrel has become my favourite new saying. I’m threatening everyone w it now. Husband left his shoes out again? Bust out the wet squirrel. Sales ppl calling? You guessed it: wet squirrel! Neighbours’ kids playing basketball and waking my kids at night again? A whole pile of wet squirrels hahaha

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Beating ppl w a wet squirrel has become my favourite new saying. I’m threatening everyone w it now. Husband left his shoes out again? Bust out the wet squirrel. Sales ppl calling? You guessed it: wet squirrel! Neighbours’ kids playing basketball and waking my kids at night again? A whole pile of wet squirrels hahaha

;Smuggrin:D:p

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back