OP
OP
Fishko

Fishko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right - the Sixline will go to bed. However, they are ever foraging roaming every inch of the tank looking at every nook and cranny possible for food. Dart here, look there, speed over there, stop, i mean their hunting pattern is nuts. Like a fighter jet in a closed football stadium / arena.
Its very interesting to watch them hunt. I remember some red planaria hitched in on a frag plug. After the sixline was done, there was no evidence left

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right - the Sixline will go to bed. However, they are ever foraging roaming every inch of the tank looking at every nook and cranny possible for food. Dart here, look there, speed over there, stop, i mean their hunting pattern is nuts. Like a fighter jet in a closed football stadium / arena.
I have an h. Chrysus and he isn’t able to find them. Your wrasse really won’t be able to get the berghias until they starve and come out during the day.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of corals do you have? The peppermints can be hit or miss in my experience but the bigger concern is they are sometimes interested in euphylia and other LPS corals. I would give the peppermints a try depending on your corals.
My experience with my peppermints:

1. If you get wurdemanni - they murder aptaisia. Literally overnight.

2. They also murder anything that's damaged. I can't put fresh cut LPS frags in this tank because they strip them. I can't put damaged sps corals in this tank -to rehab them - same reason. They peel them down to skeleton. Fresh cut sps seem to be fine.

3. They don't touch anything that's healthy. If I put an LPS frag in a cage until it heals up, they leave it alone.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back