I have a heater that has been through ich.

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand. I am just wondering if water goes inside the actual heater or if it just radiates the heat. Because if the water doesn’t go in the heater then I’m good. Bc ich has died from being completely dry for like an hour. But if water is in the heater then ich is still in my heater so. Does water go in the heater or no?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 25

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I understand. I am just wondering if water goes inside the actual heater or if it just radiates the heat. Because if the water doesn’t go in the heater then I’m good. Bc ich has died from being completely dry for like an hour. But if water is in the heater then ich is still in my heater so. Does water go in the heater or no?

Water does not go inside the heating element. If it does, it needs to be thrown away as it is defective.

Your heater looks fine in the photo.

OP
OP
B

Brxdxn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is there bleach INSIDE the heater?

I would consider a heater defective if stuff is getting inside it and I would replace it. It is no good for QT if water is getting inside anyways as disease can ride over. Not to mention dangerous if it is getting inside the heating element part.

I have had cheap heaters where the cover was loose and the water could get inside the flimsy cover on the dial but I was able to open those up. Something like a Jager heater or Cobalt.. etc.. should not have this issue.
Ok this answered bc idk how heaters work. I didn’t know if water went into the heating element or not. So as long as the water doesn’t go in the heater then ich died bc it can’t last when their is no moisture on the surface as I was told.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this answered bc idk how heaters work. I didn’t know if water went into the heating element or not. So as long as the water doesn’t go in the heater then ich died bc it can’t last when their is no moisture on the surface as I was told.

I still let things dry for 24-48 hours. I don't think ich is dead if it has been dry for only a short time. If it was out in the sun for a day or so, then it is ready to use.

Vinegar soak or alcohol as above is fine to use too.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a heater that has ich on it and I was wondering if I could boil it to get rid of the ich? If so what degrees will instantly kill ich? Any other suggestions? I would like to put the heater in today.
gordon ramsay facepalm GIF by Masterchef

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back