I have a question

VentingFish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive set up 75 gallon tank 5 days ago added fritz 9. A live rock from my 20 gallon tank. I tested the levels and its perfect normal for like a cycled tank. All the levels are great. There was ammonia but fixed it self over night is it cycled?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ive set up 75 gallon tank 5 days ago added fritz 9. A live rock from my 20 gallon tank. I tested the levels and its perfect normal for like a cycled tank. All the levels are great. There was ammonia but fixed it self over night is it cycled?
In would say no, you need more than one LR. Are you using the same filter?

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on how you define an aquarium as cycled. For me, it should be able to handle 2ppm of ammonia, though 1ppm works too. If you dose at least 1ppm of ammonia and it can be consumed within a day, you are good.

SchrutesReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fyi, most people here that want to help you aren’t going to accept “levels are perfectly normal.” They are going to want you to post your actual readings in order to give you the most accurate advice. Cheers.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back