OP
OP
Reefcoloorado

Reefcoloorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm using copper safe but i did raise it i'm at 1.94 now should be pretty close to 2.0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 37

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got the hanna checker everyone he made it though the night but looks really bad his eyes are messed up i got it to therapeutic levels and stoped hypo salinity since i can't use both got it at 1.72 ppm hopefully it works it was a .8 ppm when i first tested thank god this came another day and he would of been dead i have a big problem his left eys looks realy bad anything i could do to help heal his eye woke up to his eye like this any help would be appreciated now dealing with something more serious he mush of injured himself and i see the ich coming off thank god
I was just reviewing this thread and saw a side issue; that lionfish looks “off” it’s fins are folded. That can be a sign it is stressed. Also, that clownfish seems small to me, are you concerned the lion might eat it?
How is your water quality? You need to test for ammonia, going through hypo, copper, etc can all harm beneficial bacteria, resulting in high ammonia which is toxic to the fish.
Jay

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay i'm testing ammonia rn
Puffers get cloudy eyes and it is no big deal. Do not fill him up with other meds. A good way to weaken his own immunity and kill him. I do not know why people are so scared of natural immunity. Good to hear his ich is falling off. Work on getting him to eat. They love clam on a half shell. Mine also loves to eat river shrimp. Cleaner source of shimp then human shrimp which can be treated with chemicals that are not labeled. Mysis shrimp is not very meaty. Our puffer also enjoys a little nori. This Flukers shrimp comes in a can and I store it in the freezer. Easy to use and makes your puffer healthy. Soak it in garlic. I buy the jars of garlic nothing else added and use a little of the water in the jar to soak the food. I also give Selcon a vitamin to our puffer and once or twice a week I soak the food in a few drops of Brightwell vitamins.

Fluker's
Flavor River Shrimp

OP
OP
Reefcoloorado

Reefcoloorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no he passed away this morning very sad tbh but he dident want to eat for 3 days and yea there was ammonia and nitrite in the tank the hypo did kill all the bacteria i did a emergency water change almost 90 percent then got the normal level with that one water change but he was already to weak he dident want to eat for maby 3 days i feel so sad tbh but my lion fish is looks way better he's eating like crazy today i oder some bacteria in a bottle and have water on hand but still can't believe i couldn't save that guy had me crying tbh he was like a dog my freads were all sad asf when they saw him like that pics of my lion and clown the survivor there belly are full at the moment got ammonia and nitrite down to 0 and i'm at at 1.96ppm copper sucks though thanks everyone

Attachments

• AAE0BED8-6EDD-4035-B280-DD6B354E76E3.jpeg
    AAE0BED8-6EDD-4035-B280-DD6B354E76E3.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 9FED3E0A-87DF-4DE1-BE7A-5C3D008F9503.jpeg
    9FED3E0A-87DF-4DE1-BE7A-5C3D008F9503.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 28
  • 2C1A51FD-8A67-48EE-B472-EA2730F4A485.jpeg
    2C1A51FD-8A67-48EE-B472-EA2730F4A485.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 33
  • E4A14282-0171-4F5F-AACF-48F5DA2F8CB8.jpeg
    E4A14282-0171-4F5F-AACF-48F5DA2F8CB8.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 4669E2A5-F2FF-40A1-9FB3-B892DDCD713F.jpeg
    4669E2A5-F2FF-40A1-9FB3-B892DDCD713F.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 27
  • 7B44D0A6-768C-43A6-9EC0-9E810B4C2E65.jpeg
    7B44D0A6-768C-43A6-9EC0-9E810B4C2E65.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Reefcoloorado

Reefcoloorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, no the lion fish won't eat the clown fish the clown fish is way to aggressive he wound bite my hand every time i would put my hand in the tank even in the 100 gallon thats
foul right now he would chance me every wear and they would always hang out in the same spot i'm pretty sure there good buddies but who knows maby when he grow a little bigger because i offfer him shiner and he never goes for them just krill squid and shrimp but thanks everyone and if i lost this lion fish i would of probably shut every thing down and quit the hobby, i had him since he was so small a long time ago before the puffer and everything

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 30

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, no the lion fish won't eat the clown fish the clown fish is way to aggressive he wound bite my hand every time i would put my hand in the tank even in the 100 gallon thats
foul right now he would chance me every wear and they would always hang out in the same spot i'm pretty sure there good buddies but who knows maby when he grow a little bigger because i offfer him shiner and he never goes for them just krill squid and shrimp but thanks everyone and if i lost this lion fish i would of probably shut every thing down and quit the hobby, i had him since he was so small a long time ago before the puffer and everything
I am sorry to hear that. Once they go off food it is never good. Next time skip all the bottles they sell. Whenever I used those things I lost fish. I use to panic over this and that and dose antibiotics and this and that, and in the end, it usually never worked. For ich the best thing is to change the salinity and make sure to feed garlic and keep them eating. Tangs live to have ich. I have found good food, and vitamins, and keeping them eating is key. No matter quarantined or not people are still getting ich. You have to quarantine everything coming in without fail. That means corals, rocks, everything snails , crabs. Best thing is learn to manage it. I manage ich because I bought a tang I was told was quarantined and boom she came in got ich and gets it every so often. I was not about to go after every fish in the tank removing sps covered rocks, pretty much destroying the tank. Regal tangs ( Dory, are pandemics all to themselves) Another thing to warn you about summer time high heat times velvet is an issue in these months. Velvet likes high heat and grows rapidly with it. This one will wipe out a tank in a day. Velvet I fear a lot. Ich not so much. Our puffer lives with Dory and does not get ich. If they are a healthy fish they develop resistance to it. Move on part of reefing.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to hear about the puffer. I can't see from the photos, does the lion have any symptoms now?

I still wouldn't trust the lion around the clownfish - the lion will continue to grow larger and the clown won't. At some point, it may eat it. There is something about predators and prey - if the clownfish is chill, the lionfish won't be attracted to trying to eat it. This may continue for some time. However, if the clownfish were to drop its guard when the lion is hungry, it could end up a meal.

Jay

OP
OP
Reefcoloorado

Reefcoloorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true, hopefully not and thanks everyone lion fish is getting his color back he getting his red fins back and looks to not have saggy fins anymore, and for the clown fish he never stopped eating though the whole issue never even seen white spot on him kind of crazy but that guy is a soldier one reason i would be sad if i lost him to because i had him for around 2 years he had a little mate but i got rid of him because the lion fish would of ate him quick the lion fish knows he's not big enough to eat the clown fish she might looks small but she's aggressive she's half marron but she has all the traits of one she's a blood orange clown fish but let me tell you if she wants she can nip the crap out of the lion fish if she wanted to the lion fish is way to mellow kind of like a cardinal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
Reefcoloorado

Reefcoloorado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics my phones camera is messed up that's why is all blurry but you could see the reds now he's thinks i'm going to feed him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 32

MinnieMouse2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pics my phones camera is messed up that's why is all blurry but you could see the reds now he's thinks i'm going to feed him
Be careful with your lionfish. They live to eat other fish. Fiesty or not your clownfish is its meal. They have a mini lionfish. You might be able to do that one. If this is a regular lionfish and you love your clownfish so much I think you are playing with fire. I agree with Jay on this one. Here is the discussion about the mini lionfish. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2013633

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back