I have chaeto....and need to trim periodically.

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ridiculous amount of chaeto if you are in need.

He’s not kidding when he says ridiculous amount of chaeto. Here is the proof. The mat is about 3’x3’and 4” deep! [emoji15][emoji15]

03045c9a3f0e6fe525650afb875d185d.jpg

0f43857f598f6abc402366f1e47d577b.jpg

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of chaeto right now. If anybody wants some, and will meet in karns, I can make a nice deal on it. This stuff is FULL of large pods also. Some will be about 1/4" long, not those little microscopic things they sell in the stores.

coralfrenzy88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be interested in quite a but....I'm thinking of.running cheato I have a 40 gallon sump that I would.like to puts a huge amount in let me know what kind of deal we can work out

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be interested in quite a but....I'm thinking of.running cheato I have a 40 gallon sump that I would.like to puts a huge amount in let me know what kind of deal we can work out
did you ever find any? I don't check in here very often, but I still have some.

My advice on putting in a "huge amount"....don't. If your lighting isn't good for it, you'll just have huge amounts of dying chaeto. It's best to get a little bit. If it grows, you'll have a lot in no time, but you won't risk all that dead stuff in your system. I've talked to several people that have spent quite a bit of money on lights to grow it, and then they find out it's not worth crap. I use a cheap br30, daylight bulb from Lowe's. It works great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back