I have clown eggs im not ready!

The Coral Connect

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn't expecting this any thing I can do for them? Redsea 20g nano

67965292_892881527754900_6452077524783464448_n.jpg 68525859_504046446822218_3102367294374805504_n.jpg 68526556_347368159505972_2037701174357917696_n.jpg 68925257_683899668682161_8230647065722486784_n.jpg

Attachments

• video-1566057711.mp4
    2.4 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's ok- I was there also and about to transfer tank contents, so I had to let them go.
However, use this as an opportunity to monitor them and see how often they are laying eggs (mine was every three weeks on a Sunday evening). Then when youre ready you can prep for them and save the eggs, etc

OP
OP
The Coral Connect

The Coral Connect

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's ok- I was there also and about to transfer tank contents, so I had to let them go.
However, use this as an opportunity to monitor them and see how often they are laying eggs (mine was every three weeks on a Sunday evening). Then when youre ready you can prep for them and save the eggs, etc
Alright thanks for the info! I guess ill be having caviar tonight lol

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright thanks for the info! I guess ill be having caviar tonight lol

In addition to the good advice from @vetteguy53081, you can use this as inspiration to think about the whole process. If they did lay eggs on a clay pipe that you added to the tank, when and how would you remove it? Where would you move it to and how would it be setup? Do you have that tank, heater, air pump, and sponge filter (or other equipment if you decide to set it up differently)? What about food for their tiny mouths? @Reef Nutrition has a great rotifer system and many sizes of food for clownfish fry. What about grow out?

Clearly you are doing some things right in the clownfish tank. If you maintain the feedings and water quality then they will likely continue to lay eggs every two to three weeks so you have time to decide how (and if) you want to move forward. If they continue to lay eggs and you do not do anything with the eggs at this point then that is perfectly okay too. Good luck and great work!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
In addition to the good advice from @vetteguy53081, you can use this as inspiration to think about the whole process. If they did lay eggs on a clay pipe that you added to the tank, when and how would you remove it? Where would you move it to and how would it be setup? Do you have that tank, heater, air pump, and sponge filter (or other equipment if you decide to set it up differently)? What about food for their tiny mouths? @Reef Nutrition has a great rotifer system and many sizes of food for clownfish fry. What about grow out?

Clearly you are doing some things right in the clownfish tank. If you maintain the feedings and water quality then they will likely continue to lay eggs every two to three weeks so you have time to decide how (and if) you want to move forward. If they continue to lay eggs and you do not do anything with the eggs at this point then that is perfectly okay too. Good luck and great work!
I recommend a med sized clay pot. You can then transfer pot with eggs into a 20l tank with sponge filter and await hatching

OP
OP
The Coral Connect

The Coral Connect

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thanks guys i've been thinking about doing another system for breeding! I thought this would take a long time to happen only been in my tank for 2 months!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks guys i've been thinking about doing another system for breeding! I thought this would take a long time to happen only been in my tank for 2 months!

Many people have the other problem of wanting their fish to breed but having uncooperative fish! Shame on you for taking such good care of your fish! ;Hilarious

The good news is the pair will likely continue to lay eggs every 2-3 weeks and will still be ready when you are! :)

OP
OP
The Coral Connect

The Coral Connect

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many people have the other problem of wanting their fish to breed but having uncooperative fish! Shame on you for taking such good care of your fish! ;Hilarious

The good news is the pair will likely continue to lay eggs every 2-3 weeks and will still be ready when you are! :)
Awesome ill be ready for the next ones! Thanks for the help everyone :)

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the time and a few extra bucks for pay for a small breeding system, you'll feel a huge sense of accomplishment after you raise your first clutch. I still remember when I raised my first round of babies.

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about raising my clown eggs too

So if I put a clay pot near my clowns by there anemone they might use it

I have a nice frostbite , black ice pair

Think the babies might be beautiful

On side note my female clown has been with me for 4 years
My male used to chase my hand when I put it near them but female left me alone

So his bites where not that bad. He is tiny
But last week I don’t what got into my female but she started attacking me.
dang it hurts

And no she didn’t just lay eggs abc she been laying eggs for over 2 years on and off

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about raising my clown eggs too

So if I put a clay pot near my clowns by there anemone they might use it

Adding a clay pot may encourage them to use it as a shelter, and also lay eggs on it. However, since they already have a nem as host, they may not stray too far from it. I suggest placing a piece of tile at the base of the nem to encourage the female to lay her eggs on it.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that you have decided to raise fry. What will you do with 50 clown fish?

This is a great question and for most people this is a real issue. @The Coral Connect (the OP) has access to retail space and online sales, but for others it is helpful to think about a plan in advance.

OP
OP
The Coral Connect

The Coral Connect

Happy Reefing!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great question and for most people this is a real issue. @The Coral Connect (the OP) has access to retail space and online sales, but for others it is helpful to think about a plan in advance.
I still see about 10 eggs alive! Will these make it or only time? Also they're in a 20g nano

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back