I Have Sworn Off Torches $$$$$- Post Your Frogs And Hammers

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After returning to the hobby and seeing $2k torches I decided to go with a good many frogs instead, but I am not opposed to some hammers. I would love to see what you guys have in your gardens so that I may better plan my frog/hammer tank o' death. I demand variety.

Thanks in advance!!

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After returning to the hobby and seeing $2k torches I decided to go with a good many frogs instead, but I am not opposed to some hammers. I would love to see what you guys have in your gardens so that I may better plan my frog/hammer tank o' death. I demand variety.

Thanks in advance!!
lol who knows what happened. Back when I was first reefing around ~2008 I was given a torch coral as a “crappy tester” to see if my nano cycled and was ready for anything else. You literally couldn’t give them away.

OP
OP
zukihara

zukihara

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol who knows what happened. Back when I was first reefing around ~2008 I was given a torch coral as a “crappy tester” to see if my nano cycled and was ready for anything else. You literally couldn’t give them away.
I had a friend that had a volleyball sized colony of frogspawn that he hated and it was insane and now that's probably a 3k extravaganza. I paid recently like $139 for a pink froggy and hid my face in shame lol. But, now I want to see what else is out there!

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a few "budget" torches, but I'm with you! I'm having a lot of fun with my Frogs and Hammers.

So far I have Gold, Purple and Neon Green Hammers, and Orange, Green w/Purple tips and a Green Mouth w/Pink tentacle Frogspawn.

I'm on the hunt for more!

Attachments

• received_802154820381471.mp4
    1.8 MB

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a friend that had a volleyball sized colony of frogspawn that he hated and it was insane and now that's probably a 3k extravaganza. I paid recently like $139 for a pink froggy and hid my face in shame lol. But, now I want to see what else is out there!

I found a decent 9 head frogspawn for $189. I was blown away at the price.

I enjoy how they are a little more condensed with their polyp etension. A small torch can look cool, but it is hard to find a place for it in the tank where he isn't just an anomaly. A huge colony just doesn't look right to me.

However, with a frogspawn or hammer you can have one colony that takes up the whole tank and looks amazing, or you can have a whole garden of various frogs/hammers.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up this bi color frog a month ago, and its been doing well. Half green half purple . LFS had taken it in to revive it from a neglected tank . Its our favorite coral . 20210208_184311.jpg

Back