I have the new hanging hybrid light mount!

OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
I didn't experience any sagging or the screw fastener slipping. I did use a crimp fitting after the screw fitting because I have the large lock-cutter looking tool used to crimp them.

Why do you think it helps to angle the wires out from the wall? I can't because my wires aren't long enough but I'm curious what that would accomplish.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Since he has a 48" fixture with only the mounts spaced 18" apart his idea of the angle would broaden the mount. More like a suspension bridge??

Normally I would have the suspension wires coming out straight forward on to the front of the light.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Since he has a 48" fixture with only the mounts spaced 18" apart his idea of the angle would broaden the mount. More like a suspension bridge??

Normally I would have the suspension wires coming out straight forward on to the front of the light.
You had mentioned around the release date, that you had a customer going to use 2x4s as a spacer from the wall, so tanks >3.5 inches can use the new mount. And that you'd share pictures.

Any update?

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
You had mentioned around the release date, that you had a customer going to use 2x4s as a spacer from the wall, so tanks >3.5 inches can use the new mount. And that you'd share pictures.

Any update?
Please see the attached photos that a customer sent me of his tank. They did a nice job, at first we were only discussing the mount and the light and then I noticed the additional support behind the floating suspension.

Wall spacer 2.jpg Wall spacer 3.jpg Wall spacer.jpg

Rate your current reefing satisfaction level! (CLICK HERE)

• Very satisfied

Votes: 200 44.7%
  • Just satisfied

Votes: 112 25.1%
  • Somewhat satsified

Votes: 97 21.7%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 38 8.5%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors