I have the new hanging hybrid light mount!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't experience any sagging or the screw fastener slipping. I did use a crimp fitting after the screw fitting because I have the large lock-cutter looking tool used to crimp them.

Why do you think it helps to angle the wires out from the wall? I can't because my wires aren't long enough but I'm curious what that would accomplish.

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he has a 48" fixture with only the mounts spaced 18" apart his idea of the angle would broaden the mount. More like a suspension bridge??

Normally I would have the suspension wires coming out straight forward on to the front of the light.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since he has a 48" fixture with only the mounts spaced 18" apart his idea of the angle would broaden the mount. More like a suspension bridge??

Normally I would have the suspension wires coming out straight forward on to the front of the light.
You had mentioned around the release date, that you had a customer going to use 2x4s as a spacer from the wall, so tanks >3.5 inches can use the new mount. And that you'd share pictures.

Any update?

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had mentioned around the release date, that you had a customer going to use 2x4s as a spacer from the wall, so tanks >3.5 inches can use the new mount. And that you'd share pictures.

Any update?

Please see the attached photos that a customer sent me of his tank. They did a nice job, at first we were only discussing the mount and the light and then I noticed the additional support behind the floating suspension.

Wall spacer 2.jpg Wall spacer 3.jpg Wall spacer.jpg

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! i have plaster behind my sheet rock (old house) and I'm trying to mount these and cannot find a stud. was wondering if your mounts held up fine with what you used

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you having problems leveling from left to right or front to back? In Step 6 of the instruction there is an image of the adjustment wire screw clamp. You would want to make sure the clamp is fully extended when you create the loop. After the loop is secure you can use the wire screw to pull the fixture up by shortening the exposed screw. This should pull the fixture up.

Let us know.

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi - front to back. i did that - it's a bit tough. the wire the fixture comes with is not large enough for a 24" wide fixture. i had to get another wire. y'all should post a video on how to install this! who can i call for assistance? the fixture is very beautiful though - my fiance actually approved!

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can PM your phone number. We only had it setup originally with the 18" width but the suspension wire included with the fixture will work too if you go to the 24" width.

I found that I lift up the fixture to release the tension and then twist the adjuster. Then allow it to drop back down to check level.

I will advise marketing on the video.

OP
OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 24" width and the included wire did work, but it was real real close and only allowed my to use one of those safety crimps on each side.

Empire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is your light extended all the way out on the mount? if not, mine is and the included wire did not work. could also be user error!

Back