I heard a new ORA coral has been released!!!

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guess, and a complete guess, is that the main ora corals are 15, new releases 30, but they may be discounts based upon how many you buy and how many clownfish you get, etc.

DING DING DING!!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

:)

MR294

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony how high up do you have your hawkins? The tips on mine are blue, but the body has stayed a bright green.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthony how high up do you have your hawkins? The tips on mine are blue, but the body has stayed a bright green.
its near the bottom, bottom left of this pic, go from the green birdsnest back and to the left...
sideshot.jpg

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank shoot man, ant the oregon and the bennett the same

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it SHOULD be more readily available because this coral has been out forever but people dont want to sell their nice stuff, what do you expect
and once ora starts selling these, people wont be able to sell their tiny frags for high prices
i usually see oregon torts selling for about 50-100 for 1/2-1" frags

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My MI green fuzzy is shaped differently. It is a chunk of acro. This is the day I put it in the tank (the same day the LFS go it).

0fc41524.jpg

I have very similar to the one kilingseed posted that I've been calling aculeus, but wasn't sure what ORS called it (got it from a LFS that stocks a lot of ORA corals and was on an ORA plug).

ORA-aculeus.jpg

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was told by my LFS is was ordered as a "ORA MI yellow tip." gflay65 thanks for the picture. someone told me its the MI green fuzzy but its not i can see that. kind of wish ora would list all the corals they have with some better info. Totally Exotic Corals had one for sale and i beleive its was named "ORA MI yellow tip" as well on his web site.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh. Thankls for the correction. I assumed (and we all know from the Bad News Bears what that means:D). The first one is also a MI green fuzzy, so I'll see how it changes to the more yellow. I like the green, though...

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they dont look the same. i did email ORA and asked them about mine and this is what they said

"That’s a Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy. The color can range from fluorescent yellow to green. It does have a fuzzy appearance when the polyps are extended. "

i wasnt sure they used fuzzy in its name or not but ya they do. Marshall Island Yellow Fuzzy

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back