I hope you stared at your fish tank

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So relaxing. I truly hope you all get enjoyment out of your fish tank. Aquarium. Coral box. Whatever you.call it.
Very soothing after work to just look at my corals.
I hope you too stare at your fish or coral. I think this brings us all together. People who enjoy life under water. We stare at the coral and are mezmerized. Lol.
What do you enjoy? Not enjoy? Maybe someone on here can help. Please. Feel free. Chime in.
Id like to quiet mine a little. As much as i like the running water or trickle sound sometimes. Id like it to be more quiet. Lol!
D

20210505_000405.jpg

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can (and do) sit in front of it for hours. I feel like so many people in this hobby get lost in the equipment and chemistry and constant tinkering, instead of just enjoying their tank.
You're absolutely right.
I try to sit down and enjoy and relax instead of thinking and planning what improvements should I make in the tank or around it. And to be honest, it cost me some efforts to calm down and just concentrate myself on what's going inside the aquarium ;Cat

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I stare at my tank like a millennial stares at thier Facebook page! I’ve got one of those work platforms from hd I use to work in my tank thank doubles as a bench. I have to find a way to quit my job so I can just stare all day!
Lol. Millennials don’t use Facebook, it’s for old people these days. .Also, if you want to shake your fist at the youth, it’s gen Z now.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Staring and getting lost in my tank are the biggest reasons I’m still pursuing my build lol

also, as a millennial, not sure why it’s necessary to take a swipe at my generation...? Also haven’t used Facebook since college

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of tanks from big to small and being a marine biologist, I still find myself staring at my little 13 gallon tank. It can be just as satisfying as the 3,000 gal display tank I once had at work. My family will often wonder how I can spend so much time staring at it.
By the way, running a massive tank of fish is still far easier than figuring out how to keep your zoas happy.

Last edited:

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still learning to figure out how to enjoy my tanks.....anytime I look at them I am just looking for potential problems. Maybe I am in the wrong hobby lol.
You're not in the wrong hobby, you simply pursuing a wrong ideal ;)

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After years of tanks from big to small and being a marine biologist, I still find myself staring at my little 13 gallon tank. It can be just as satisfying as the 3,000 gal display tank I once had at work. My family will often wonder how I can spend so much time staring at it.
By the way, running a massive tank of fish is still far easier than figuring out how to keep your zoas happy.
By coincidence, I just saw a neighbor outside and ended up mentioning that I had a reef tank. He said that's cool, but did I know that there are some people out there that are totally obsessed with collecting those little rocks like baseball cards. He says his crazy brother in law even has a chair in front of his tank. I didn't tell him about my chair :)

drblakjak55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over fifty years staring at pregnant guppies, platys, growing oscars from one inch to ten, 125g African cichlid tank running forty years. 90g mixed reef now five years. Four hours a day meditating. My friends having bypass surgery. They needed fish tanks to wind down the day.

runcis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By coincidence, I just saw a neighbor outside and ended up mentioning that I had a reef tank. He said that's cool, but did I know that there are some people out there that are totally obsessed with collecting those little rocks like baseball cards. He says his crazy brother in law even has a chair in front of his tank. I didn't tell him about my chair :)
I have three chairs, covering the length of the tank;Happy

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. I stare at my tank like a millennial stares at thier Facebook page! I’ve got one of those work platforms from hd I use to work in my tank thank doubles as a bench. I have to find a way to quit my job so I can just stare all day!

I am still learning to figure out how to enjoy my tanks.....anytime I look at them I am just looking for potential problems. Maybe I am in the wrong hobby lol.
If you put enough effort into it, you can always find a problem with your Reef. But I think you are not necessarily looking for a problem per se, but something you'd like to change, readjust, what would you like better, should I move something to a different spot , or a variety of a 100 different mindsets.

I would doubt any of us are absolutely, perfectly content with every little detail of their Reef

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sit across the room in my favorite chair, with one eye on the television, any other on my reef. I'm always watching the fish & coral. Every little move they make and invariably do something new that surprises me.

Take my newly purchased Diamondback Gobi. I expected him to dig holes in the substrate, build a home and settle down instead, he dud 4 apartments, 1 with two entrances, under 3 Rock structures. But last night, I spotted him scaling a large piece of Marco, high up the tank. That I didn't expect

Back