I Joined R2R To Learn About Reef Keeping - But Something Interesting & Unexpected Occurred Along The Way

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m there! Thank you for the invite and am really looking forward to the next meeting!!!

FYI: There is an HVRK forum on Reef2Reef. Scroll way down to clubs, then scroll down again to New York. You might be interested in the HVRK and the Westchester forums. Not much happens, but it’s worth while checking in regularly to see if there’s a meet in the works. Maybe after this surge.

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy, happy New Year all R2Rer’s!!!

8540D144-296E-4962-9740-11133E08F682.gif

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined R2R in August of 2020. I started posing questions and sharing my experiences to expand my reefing knowledge. To my amazement, absolute strangers responded with great information, strong encouragement, and funny antidotes. The more I posted, the more I got to know the diverse R2R members and the more they got to know me. Soon, the R2R posts evolved into real conversations with all the typical compassion, good natured ribbing, and honest exchanges that are not typically found on social media. Before I knew it, these absolute & diverse strangers were becoming good friends! The kinda friends that you would have a beer, glass of wine, or seltzer (depending on your beverage of choice) and talk for hours about reefing and whatever else is going on in our lives. Didn't matter where these R2R friends were located, what they do for a living, or even their background. The only thing that mattered was the strong passion for this hobby.

It's been very difficult finding and making new friends during this COVID time. It's also been hard keeping up existing friendships because of the isolation. But here on R2R, I found many new great friends that are genuine, interesting, hilarious, and always ready to help! One thing I do know is that if these friendships can develop during COVID, then lookout post COVID for these friendships to thrive as we gather at coral conventions and backyard barbeques!

Wishing all R2Rer's and especially my new R2R friends, a very happy and prosperous New Year!

Even though I'm still more lurker than poster, mostly because I have much, much more to learn than opinion to give, I could not agree more. Well said!

A blessed New Year to all

OP
OP
PeterC99

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I'm still more lurker than poster, mostly because I have much, much more to learn than opinion to give, I could not agree more. Well said!

A blessed New Year to all
@ScottJ - Don‘t hesitate asking any of your questions. The members here are fantastic for information!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back