I Just Ordered Two (2) 150-Gallon Tanks From "Glass Cages" To Double The Fun! (Back-Story And New-Build Journey Here) ...

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6BEDF0E6-D7C5-44F7-A929-6FCF0B26241A.jpeg

I released a decent size Saddleback Clown into one of the tanks about a week ago; no one is bothering him. Such a cool swim pattern!

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5B57CE92-F598-4DF0-8A51-AEFC4B769184.jpeg

This is the one— I’ll be working on the other with the French Angel this upcoming week and ‘spiff it up’ for a photo. In this photo you can see that I recently added a bit more rock— I love an open look, but these fish needed a little more hiding space. I’m letting the sides and back algae-out, just keeping the front clean. I grew the large Goldline Rabbitfish from a Biota baby— but despite his raised poison spines the Clown Trigger and Emperor Angel take turns picking on him, and he mostly stays camouflaged (which is a shame because they are beautiful). I am probably going to remove him from this tank and try a different fish.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the clown trigger. They are so captivating but so aggressive!

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank doesn’t have that ‘overcrowded with rock’ look. I like it. But mine is only a 150 so I had to be careful... I think you have a 220 (?) ;Cat

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank doesn’t have that ‘overcrowded with rock’ look. I like it. But mine is only a 150 so I had to be careful... I think you have a 220 (?) ;Cat
250; close enough! Do your triggers take bites at the rocks? How do you prevent their teeth from overgrowing?

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! It looks like a 250... I was going by memory and thought I had read 220. ;)

I feed a frozen Mussel every day, and let the shells accumulate on the bottom of the tank until I get to ‘tong’ them out every once in a while. I see the Clown carrying around the empty shells from place to place, so I assume that helps his teeth.

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 16 gallon AIO, a 20 gallon AIO, and a 24 gallon AIO, to keep me occupied with some Softies and some smaller fish. By my FOWLRs are my pride and joy. :)
Ha. That’s great. I don’t know how you guys with multiple tanks do it. I barely have to time to maintain one. Nice tanks though.

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, an unfortunate one. I spring a leak near a bulkhead/hose in an inaccessible back part of the Seamless Sump System; too tight back there under the stand to get a hand back there to see what’s what while everything remained in place. So I had to take that one tank’s filtration ‘off line’ until I find the time for a fix, and this lead to cascading problems and a near tank wipe-out of some pretty expensive fish!

Zoagarden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing your tank @dreamcatcherr9 , it definitely factored into my final decision!
Hi I saw your previous post re overflow box and hoped you can advise me. I'm in Australia and paid small fortune to get the fiji cube overflow box and unfortunately the thread on the outlets don't fit standard Australian plumbing fittings. I've contacted a Lfs on coast 2 n half hours drive but they weren't familiar with the fiji cube so couldn't say if the aquarium fittings they had would fit. Are you able to tell me how American fittings are described so when I speak with another lfs I can tell them the thread style size . Sorry I'm new to diy plumbing as was spoilt with first tank that is a cade but the nano I'm converting to sumped is a redsea max nano.

OP
OP
JumboShrimp

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to send a photo or two of the 'problem' area of pipe or fitting that you are questioning, so I can possibly take a measurement for you or answer your question better? :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 67 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back