I just stirred some of my sand bed. Do I have reason to be worried?

OP
OP
SilvermistInc

SilvermistInc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny enough, while doing some manual removal of algae in my tank, I discovered my Lawnmower Blenny in the pump chamber! Dude's been missing for a week! Well, now he's just swimming around in the display again. Silly goose.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for context, in my 32g Biocube, I have a dummy thicc 4 inch bed. In this sandbed, I have a diamond goby, fighting conch, and 5 nassaruis snails.

I ended up stirring up probably a quarter or so of the sandbed in search of a rock that my diamond goby had buried. Go figure. At any rate, I did end up stirring enough of the bed that I released some trapped air bubbles. Nothing huge, but bubbles were released at any rate.

So really what I'm asking is, do I have cause to be worried? I probably have the cleanest bed you've ever seen because of how many sand shifters I have. But everytime I Google, "stirring sand bed in reef aquarium." Every post seems to warn of tank nukeage.
only if its deep and nothing is stirring it. should be fine

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for context, in my 32g Biocube, I have a dummy thicc 4 inch bed. In this sandbed, I have a diamond goby, fighting conch, and 5 nassaruis snails.

I ended up stirring up probably a quarter or so of the sandbed in search of a rock that my diamond goby had buried. Go figure. At any rate, I did end up stirring enough of the bed that I released some trapped air bubbles. Nothing huge, but bubbles were released at any rate.

So really what I'm asking is, do I have cause to be worried? I probably have the cleanest bed you've ever seen because of how many sand shifters I have. But everytime I Google, "stirring sand bed in reef aquarium." Every post seems to warn of tank nukeage.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back