I kissed a zoa....

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure we can call shenanigans on Triggers being venomous. Either way, glad you didn't die, or don't think you died.
I was young (to the hobby) and stupid. A quick google of pufferfish tells you that they are venomous, but I'm guessing those are the big ones you get in the ocean with the spines.

I had a jewel puffer.

OP
OP
wolfen281

wolfen281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s kewl...take the p!ss out of me...but these are obviously ferocious little buggers.
95DA44C7-C169-46B8-8CA6-D599992DFE76.jpeg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure we can call shenanigans on Triggers being venomous. Either way, glad you didn't die, or don't think you died.
Triggers!? I thought he meant lionfish.. triggers venomous? oh internet….fool me once

kiran

reef noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glove up, wear a respirator, wear a long sleeved shirt, and safety glasses that seal around the eyes. Those are the precautions I usually take when dealing with zoas. Better safe than sorry.

Reefer_punk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll be just fine since they are submerged in water. Just make it a rule you won't go bare hand in the tank if you have any cuts.

JJ"sSouthernAquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
was teaching first aid classes back in the late eighties when hiv/aids was the big scare in the news.
when discussing personal protection in the class, gloves for treating open wounds, mouth protection for giving respirations during cpr (no longer do this), a funeral director taking the class made comment that most people have five to ten cuts on their hands at all times.
paper cuts, scrapes, you don't even think about them.
but you'll be fine.
Yeah, I'm talking more about ones that you can see, seeing how I get eczema on my hands often. So my hands usually always have cuts on them, but i still put my hand in the tank with my zoas :smirking-face:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back