I know bacteria is on surfaces…but will NSW help bacteria diversity?

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only use nsw as I live 60 ft from the beach. If I use salt mixes things die in my tank,with sea water they thrive. We are not quite that close to the ocean here in Wildwood. A stone's throw from Cape May NJ. I'm also a stone's throw from Wildwoods Back Bay Garrett but I'm guessing that would have too many pollutants.

virus info above

multiplied by the number of failed siphon attempts I’ve committed/failure to disjuncture in time lol

means I want gastric pump right now
On the microbes, I'm fine. I'm at a loss on the viruses.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting

if there’s any doubt about water safety then I would skip the whole process, adding these items is not required for thousands of successful reefs both dry starts and wet skip cycle starts…its just something fun we do but no outcomes can be traced from adding or withholding actual ocean materials. In my opinion the ongoing feed quality and export has a greater bearing on long term system health. My own reef is fine at year sixteen and it’s only known synthetic water, no bottle bac of any kind and actually very low quality feeding. If my corals weren’t growing or there was an invasion issue I’d probably try and reinforce systemic pods already selected for in the tank by just taking time to feed better. The lazier mode currently works though

Jay Norris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops. I literally live 5 minutes away from the beach but I spend 120 dollars every month for a guy to come. He collects water when there is a tide…I always thought beach water was super polluted.

@Paul B How do I collect beach water without being afraid of sunscreens or other pollution?
Do you use VIP?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back