I know I asked already about pmd but just being nervous

gabrielw94106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a bit nervous about keeping clams as I hear they can be difficult but I just wanted to make sure this wasn’t PMD. The side closest to the camera isnt as extended as the further side especially by the inhalant aperture. The back side seems to be very well extended most of the time. The clam is also mostly closed when i get home from work I heard that being open in the morning and closed at afternoon is also sign of PMD.

2C86F1F2-7ED2-435C-83B0-E0F88B3EF503.jpeg 868E4372-2587-45DC-B1E5-525146750DB3.jpeg 91818CA2-72E0-416F-94BF-1ABDE0E6798A.jpeg AEFCAE81-74EA-4DAE-8F4F-3A67D5DCD701.jpeg

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

let’s see if any clam folk are around to help tonight

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard and experienced very mixed opinions/results regarding FDW to treat PMD. If you haven’t run activated carbon maybe give that a try

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It should be covered but assure the following are met:

temp not above 80
Alk not above 9
Ph not above 8.3
Salinity no higher than 1.025
No presence of tulip looking pyramid snails
Moderate water flow
Adequate white light
Feeding phytoplankton daily

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard and experienced very mixed opinions/results regarding FDW to treat PMD. If you haven’t run activated carbon maybe give that a try
Correct diagnosis is everything. FWD is THE treatment for PMD (but only if the clam actually have PMD). If the patient is having a heart attack and we spend millions treat him for ulcer in the stomach, then the pt will die. It does not matter how good the ulcer med is in stopping ulcer.
The clam in question does not have PMD, but as always better picture in normal white light is all important in correctly diagnose a problem. As it is we can only shade and rough shape of the clam.

Garbage in the garbage out (not garbage in this case but poor quality blue picture with minimal resolution). The OP need to give better input in order for us to she what is going on to give better advices.

OP
OP
gabrielw94106

gabrielw94106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct diagnosis is everything. FWD is THE treatment for PMD (but only if the clam actually have PMD). If the patient is having a heart attack and we spend millions treat him for ulcer in the stomach, then the pt will die. It does not matter how good the ulcer med is in stopping ulcer.
The clam in question does not have PMD, but as always better picture in normal white light is all important in correctly diagnose a problem. As it is we can only shade and rough shape of the clam.

Garbage in the garbage out (not garbage in this case but poor quality blue picture with minimal resolution). The OP need to give better input in order for us to she what is going on to give better advices.
I apologize I can take a better photo give me a few minutes to update. I was not going to FWD without proper diagnosis as that could have drastic results

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back