I know its wrong, but dont know how to fix it

dlish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stacked it mutiple times on the counter before putting it in the tank. I like the caves it makes and do not mind the fact that it is coming out of the top, but I am worried about the dark areas because of the big rock on top and then too bright on top. Suggestions please!
20201126_133813.jpg
20201126_133211.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flip some of those arches around. You can stack those all differently. Play around with the arrangement. Those will produce some wonderful scape. Some of mine. You get the idea. You will find one thats right for you

20200801_140252.jpg 20201027_215857.jpg IMG_8268.JPG IMG_20190501_213652135.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
dlish89

dlish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can remove the top one. I played with this out of the tank for over an hour and thought I had it good. Then I put it in the tank and saw right away I didnt like it lol. I am not very creative and thus why I bout this structure thinking it would help some one artistically changed as myself. But the challenge still exists. For me when I see a beautiful aquascape it makes the whole tank. I hope to get there :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I can remove the top one. I played with this out of the tank for over an hour and thought I had it good. Then I put it in the tank and saw right away I didnt like it lol. I am not very creative and thus why I bout this structure thinking it would help some one artistically changed as myself. But the challenge still exists. For me when I see a beautiful aquascape it makes the whole tank. I hope to get there :)
You will figure it out. It takes some time to get it right.

Romeo Kilo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs had a "hands on" area with that setup- I forget what its called, but a kid was playing with it and made a pretty sweet scape without the rod, just the pieces stacked. they were more sideways. hard to explain. hope you get it how you want.

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider taking the top rock off as suggested. Turn the rest of the structure a couple clicks counterclockwise. Then take the rock you removed flip it upside down as an arch going from main structure inot the sand at the right front. You may need a small flat rock as a base so you don’t have a small pressure point on your glass.

OP
OP
dlish89

dlish89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not dug very deep into that at this point in regards to specifics. I know I want a couple clowns, and the rest to be contributors to the tank in the form of a cleaning crew. Corals I am not sure exactly but from what little I have researched at this point I guess most would be considered softies? I like thing that sway and move around with the current. I was hoping to get the scape in a good form that appealed to me and hopefully workable with corals in the future. Add a couple clowns and let the tank settle in for 2 to 3 months. This would give me time to research more on the specifics of what I wanted to get. I know the tank is small (red sea 170 about 40ish gallons) so I cant get to crazy with different live stock.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scape doesn't even seem possible....like an optical illusion :) I would remove the top rock, flip it over, place it on the bottom with the other end on the existing structure creating an arch. I think the rest of it can be left alone....will make an interesting and unique structure.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you have an overflow box in the tank? if it was me I'd lay the pieces down so they curled around that, making a stepped climb upwards. provides lighted area to attach coral.

iamacat

Higher than my pH
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look top down. That way you see what your light will be hitting. Gotta have rock to put the corals on to get them in light. I like to think of it like I’m building stairs

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back