I lost my whole tank in one day.....Need advice/motivation

ssunthar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is...I never thought it would happen to me, I lost 3 pairs of clowns in the matter of 24 hours.
Timeline: last night I looked into my tank to see a mocha storm dead on the bottom, no nipping no holes etc. Took out/water change
Woke up this morning to see my snowflakes at the bottom (swimming slowly but breathing rapidly), 10 minutes later one snow flake died.
30 minutes later, the other snowflake is rapdily breathing not moving, thought I had an ammonia spike for some reason, took the snowflake out into another tank, within 45 minutes he was breathing slower, still laying on it side. Seperated into a specimen container with an airstone, to prepare a FW dip and treatment, 2 hours later dead. 7 Oclock roles around....Clarkiis start acting weird. One at the top gasping for air, one on the bottom on its stomach looking like it was sleeping. 5 minute freshwater dip, nothing came off, 90 minute Reef rally dip (2 Tsp for 2 gallons). Looked alot better while doing treatmnet. After treatment walked to QT tank to drip and get settled in. Both clarkiis dead.

Tank 20 gallon High divided for each pair.
3 large sponge filters
Heater (Constant 79)
No other inhabitants
Fish were in tank for about 3 months together (seperated)
water change 1x per week about 20%

Parameters (this morning before I lost the clarkis
Ph 7.8
Alk 153
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0.1
Nitrate 0.22
Ca 503
Mg 1478
Phos 1.5 (maybe the issue)

My thoughts, brooklynella due to no ammonia but rapid breathing

I am very close to getting out of the hobby currently as I am so upset.

Any help advice would be great
Really so sorry for your loss.. I believe many in this forum migh have gone through some sort of incidents... I experianced it twice and both almost wiped my tank totally (due to my lack of knowledge and experience) in the past 3 years... but definitely learned my lessons (the hard way) but came back stronger. Be strong.. your reef needs you. After almost a month now.. how is the tank doing?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back