I love my Starry Blenny!! What other fish have cool personalities?

Princess Hockey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Starry Blenny has finally come out of his shell and he is amazing!! So much personality, wiggles all over the tank and darts about for food. Comes up the glass when he thinks you’re gonna feed him...loves to perch everywhere! Poses for photos too :). What are some other kinds of reef safe fish with cool personalities?

Heres a photo of him looking awesome! Look at those eyebrows :)
A401B68E-FD73-4A76-BB2D-57909C182D2E.jpeg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my tailspot blenny. Very similar to what you described above. Cautious, but curious, frequently tucked away in little holes with his head sticking out to see what's going on. It's amazing how they can swim perfectly stationary in the current.

Blenny 18-06-28.jpg

And he has a great appetite!
Blenny Mouthful.jpg

jayala12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love my tailspot blenny. Very similar to what you described above. Cautious, but curious, frequently tucked away in little holes with his head sticking out to see what's going on. It's amazing how they can swim perfectly stationary in the current.

Blenny 18-06-28.jpg

Blenny Mouthful.jpg

I would second a tail spot. I had one and he was such a clown. Great fish

OP
OP
Princess Hockey

Princess Hockey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Blenny 18-06-28.jpg

Blenny Mouthful.jpg
I love him!! I wonder what the rule about keeping more than one Blenny in a tank is. I have 100g display, not sure if it would be big enough for that.

OP
OP
Princess Hockey

Princess Hockey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orchid Dottyback. Very curious fish. Mine would follow me around the tank to see what I was up to. It was always very active. You just need to give them lots of hiding places in the rock.
Any aggression issues or is the orchid nicer than the bicolor dottyback?

fredk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any aggression issues or is the orchid nicer than the bicolor dottyback?
Not in that tank. It had limited company: a rabbit fish, an engineer goby, a canary wrase and one blue chromis (guess what happened to its buddies).

I want to keep flasher wrasses in the tank I'm planning now, so I don't think I can add one to this tank.

From what I understand, the orchid is the least aggressive.

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Midas Blenny is an absolute nightmare. He bites me every time I put my hands in the tank. He follows me around and taunts me daring to mess with him. If I could catch him I would bring him back. I have to chase him into the rocks with a turkey baster if I want to do something in the tank

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love him!! I wonder what the rule about keeping more than one Blenny in a tank is. I have 100g display, not sure if it would be big enough for that.
You can mix and match some blennys. What do you have now?

jasonrusso

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my reef tank, my blue spot goby is a character. He always looks exasperated!

In my predator tank, my angler is always on the move and "fishes" every time I come in. My dwarf moray is always up to something, and my fuzzy lion and porcupine puffer are always front and center begging. They are more like aqua-pets than fish.
2018-10-08_08-49-30.jpeg
1528918498736.jpeg
20180411_184715.jpeg
20181001_185458.jpeg

Back