I love the ocean and all life in and around it!

ReeferDave79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a hardworking father of 5 currently residing in the Lock Haven, PA area. I have always held a fascination for marine life since as far back as I can remember.My family comes first and foremost though, so all my income went to them for a long time.
A few years ago, an injury caused me to change professions. Fortunately, I now make enough to finally own a small piece of the sea in my own home.
8 months ago I finally purchased a 40g breeder, and a 20g long. I drilled the 40breeder and installed acrylic partitions in the 20long.
Then I purchased a saltwater startup kit from a popular website and a light from a different popular website. This gave me all I needed to get a basic saltwater tank up and running. After acquiring a pump, some plumbing, and not enough filter socks, I had the sump installed and circulating salt water.
Skipping ahead 8 months, I have added a protein skimmer, a kalk dripper, refugium light, and a big ball of cheato.
My tank currently houses a pair of cinnamon clownfish, a neon dottyback, a yellowtail blue damselfish, a juvenile engineer goby, and a lawnmower blenny. I have only been able to keep soft corals due to the poor choice in lighting. Radioactive Dragoneye and Utter Chaos zoas, orange and green ricordia mushrooms, mint green star polyps, pulsing xenia, a tube anemone, and a feather duster worm adorn the rock and sand.
I have ordered a new t5 hybrid light in hopes of being able to keep lps as well as softies which should arrive in the next couple of days.
So that’s where I currently stand in our beloved hobby, and I look forward to sharing my trials and tribulations with you through reef2reef, and maybe learn a thing or two.........hundred (lol) along the way!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R family! Have you thought of starting a build thread? It’s a great way to keep a journal of your tank. Make sure to add lots of pictures. This crowd LOVES pics!!

BaysEndReef

Anthony
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
r2r.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.... :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back