I may have a problem...

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I do not see any problems here lol But I am a horrible accountably buddy lol

Also, think that the UPS doesn't like me because he has to carry those heavy boxes of salt to my front door.

Wait until you get a box delivered that is leaking salt, then the UPS person has to pick up leaking box, then same UPS person has to delivery replacement box :eek:

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really getting the most out of my Amazon Prime with this hobby. Also, think that the UPS doesn't like me because he has to carry those heavy boxes of salt to my front door. I know I hate carrying them.

Ha, I was just wondering how mad the UPS guy must be at me. I've had roughly 8 shipments come in so far and some still on the way all for my new build. That sand and salt were not light and many other heavy things. I'm on the third floor, no elevator.:)

And the second box of the day. Oopsies.
IMG_1478728782.378820.jpg

Upon my curiosity of what was in the box I learned that AlgaeBarn is only a 40 minute drive for me. Looks like I know where I'll be getting my copepods from. :D

Uh, where are the sticks?

+1... I do like goniopora too though;)

djd3mon

Reefing since 2016!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when $40 shipping does not phase you anymore, you have multiple frag tanks, a reef tank, multiple 55 gallon containers full of water, unknown amounts of 5 gallon buckets, ro tubing everywhere, empty used tank's for "just in case im not already busy enough", credit cards maxed out and you just cant let go of that frag you bought to resell for 4x profit....all within 6 months....you are addicted.

Welcome to the club eleet.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when $40 shipping does not phase you anymore, you have multiple frag tanks, a reef tank, multiple 55 gallon containers full of water, unknown amounts of 5 gallon buckets, ro tubing everywhere, empty used tank's for "just in case im not already busy enough", credit cards maxed out and you just cant let go of that frag you bought to resell for 4x profit....all within 6 months....you are addicted.

Welcome to the club eleet.

Been there done that. Had to scale back for awhile due to working 2 jobs and full time school. Now, I'm down to one job and part time school. And it's coming back with a vengeance.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, every single Goni in the new shipment has or has already succumbed to brown jelly. Yippee.

IMG_1479221337.012586.jpg

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were in the main tank until I noticed a problem. Best guess is they already had it, or something happened during shipment. 1 of them never opened, then brown jelly showed up. Then it spread to everything on the frag rack. With the exception of the chalice and 1 scoly as of right now, the entire shipment is affected. I have 2 other gonis that I've had and they are totally fine and happy. Hoping I caught it in time to prevent the whole tank from getting it. Luckily, I keep mostly sps

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang it. think the qt wasnt stable? that was my first thought.
Im trying to work up the courage to get another goni, theyre tough. IMO IME jelly sometimes is just rot.

Seems to be spreading too quickly to just be rot. Less than 12 hours from first signs to total death.and spreading.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, every single Goni in the new shipment has or has already succumbed to brown jelly. Yippee.

IMG_1479221337.012586.jpg

That stinks. I've just had shear dumb luck with my goni. LFS told me they weren't too difficult to keep so I went ahead and got them. Found out that was wrong. Then they got stung by my elegance and I thought they were goners. Somehow, they're resilient little guys and have survived and seem to be doing pretty darn well (minus the small part that got direct contact, they died right away :().

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were in the main tank until I noticed a problem. Best guess is they already had it, or something happened during shipment. 1 of them never opened, then brown jelly showed up. Then it spread to everything on the frag rack. With the exception of the chalice and 1 scoly as of right now, the entire shipment is affected. I have 2 other gonis that I've had and they are totally fine and happy. Hoping I caught it in time to prevent the whole tank from getting it. Luckily, I keep mostly sps

Seems to be spreading too quickly to just be rot. Less than 12 hours from first signs to total death.and spreading.
Dang. so sorry.
research project coming now.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back