OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dip everything first. And I am not saying that it is directly his fault. Was not looking for any type of refund. Have not asked for a refund. I have asked for a response, or some advice. There is very little information on the origins of brown jelly. But it is extremely contagious. And not only was almost every coral from the shipment affected, but now I have lost 2 corals that I have had for over a year. And the lack of communication is what I am upset most with.

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, 2 of the gonis never opened, they started first. Not even 48hours after I received shipment.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and just to add hopefully you dont take this negatively, as an example if i bought some SPS and the next day they showed bone white skeleton thats my problem and no longer the vendor's. there are too many variables at stake with everyones tank being so differently run. looking it at a vendors standpoint anytime a customer kills a coral they expect to be refunded. thats just one way to look at it...

Your corals were alive for almost a week and then developed jelly not saying im against you but cant say its completely their fault if they arrived in good shape.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not fully onboard with this either. I purchased 6 corals in a live sale, after I received them I had one that developed RTN and was gone the morning after receiving them. The rest of them were doing good. The vendor was awesome and issued me a credit and I thought that was great since there was no way of knowing exactly what the cause of the RTN was.

I also discovered that another person purchased that same type of coral in the same sale along with 17 other corals. His also had RTN and was gone just as quick as mine. Again, the only one he lost. This tells me that the cause was from the vendor.

The cause will not always be from the vendor, but sometimes it will. Coming from a vendors view, yeah it's not fun to take a loss when there's a good chance that the client was at fault. Coming from a client view, why would I shop with someone who possibly sent me an unhealthy coral. So there's pros and cons no matter how you handle it but, everywhere I've shopped, vendors have given a more than reasonable guarantees.

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea. I may file a claim with PayPal as well. Just incase.
if youre filing a claim with paypal, you're looking for a monetary resolution. if you have questions about brown jelly i doubt he has the answers. if you're looking for a place to vent and be frustrated, well we've all been there. I just lost 99% of my sps during a tank transfer. it sucks and its just mother nature sometimes

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not fully onboard with this either. I purchased 6 corals in a live sale, after I received them I had one that developed RTN and was gone the morning after receiving them. The rest of them were doing good. The vendor was awesome and issued me a credit and I thought that was great since there was no way of knowing exactly what the cause of the RTN was.

I also discovered that another person purchased that same type of coral in the same sale along with 17 other corals. His also had RTN and was gone just as quick as mine. Again, the only one he lost. This tells me that the cause was from the vendor.

The cause will not always be from the vendor, but sometimes it will. Coming from a vendors view, yeah it's not fun to take a loss when there's a good chance that the client was at fault. Coming from a client view, why would I shop with someone who possibly sent me an unhealthy coral. So there's pros and cons no matter how you handle it but, everywhere I've shopped, vendors have given a more than reasonable guarantees.
you cant necessarily say its from the vendor even if multiple corals died from different people. what if that specific coral doesnt ship well at all? who knows

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you cant necessarily say its from the vendor even if multiple corals died from different people. what if that specific coral doesnt ship well at all? who knows

so it's my fault that the coral doesn't ship well? If there's no warning from the vendor saying so I have no reason to expect any different

aaron23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so it's my fault that the coral doesn't ship well? If there's no warning from the vendor saying so I have no reason to expect any different
no not saying bc the coral doesnt ship well its your fault im saying it was probably right in that instance the vendor refunded you. what im trying to say is the hobby is mother nature. some things cant be explained i dont know?

OP
OP
eleet

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me be the first to say that I am a repeat shopper from Aqua sd. Love them.

That being said, all I wanted is communication. Yes part of it is venting. And I chalked up the delivery to a loss a month ago. So $250 down the drain. Now I've lost another $300+. Which is why I am considering the PayPal claim.

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no not saying bc the coral doesnt ship well its your fault im saying it was probably right in that instance the vendor refunded you. what im trying to say is the hobby is mother nature. some things cant be explained i dont know?

It does sound like in my post I was blaming the vendor, which I do not think at all. More than likely it was something that occurred as a result of shipping. What I meant was it was not likely my system that caused the RTN. But how the vendor handled it made all the difference.

In eleet's case, she has an established well maintained system that has many well maintained corals. She's also been a loyal customer of aquasd. If I were them, I would do everything I could to keep her as a customer.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the feeling ... I am no longer allowed too go too my lFS on my own !!!!!...:eek:

Back