I mean, people see what they want to see. ORMS MEDALLIONER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok well, it's a bad phone pic obviously, and not really good enough for the site, And maybe I'm just getting lazier, but I had to show the thing off. A longtime member of the "had it forever but still not on the site camp". This one's in my backup under T5, heavy tropics, and some actinic. Not easy to pull this color as I'm sure a lot of you with this one already have experienced, but when it's at its best it's just cool as it gets. the color contrast is fantastic on the Orms.

IMG_1252 2.jpeg

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a moody one but that is honestly one of the coolest acros I have seen. I hope that if mine decides it’s happy that I can at least pull good color from it at least once. Here is mine now. I think it decided that shipping didn’t kill it
80752EF8-C9A0-4924-8125-AC6BE96AE4C1.jpeg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,
I'm moving back to T5's from LED's so this would be a good test piece for my tank.

Right on! you really can't go wrong with T5 in my opinion. SPS just loves them! All the little nooks and crannies get light and they tend to appreciate that:)

jmwreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this one a lot, though it's lost some color. This is how it looks in my tank now (on the right). Pic on the left is just after I put it in the tank about 8 months ago. Pretty awesome how well Adam manages to ship things in the middle of winter!

Orms growth Feb - Oct.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like this one a lot, though it's lost some color. This is how it looks in my tank now (on the right). Pic on the left is just after I put it in the tank about 8 months ago. Pretty awesome how well Adam manages to ship things in the middle of winter!

Orms growth Feb - Oct.jpg
Nice. looks like it's doing really well. What lighting is it under again?

jmwreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The lights over the frag tank where I have it are radium 20k pendants with a blue + and a purple + T5 bulb supplementing them. The colors jump out more when it's under blue leds in the evening.

jmwreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, my tank is able to rapidly shift a wide variety of bright colors into earth tones! Ha, ha! I'm sure other people are getting much better colors than the picture I posted.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This one looks like it shifts colors pretty wildly.
Definitely! Seems like it really just takes a while, but I have found that once it makes the turn it holds the vibrance quite well. Almost like it needs to really be settled in and well encrusted before any decent color happens.

I've got a small colony in the halide tank that is looking insane actually I'll try to get a pic:) Easily been in there for over a year and its only recently finally made the transition from "meh" to "Whoa!"

Back