I Need a new light

SRO-sales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously need to upgrade my lighting and have been shopping around. The problem is there are so many options out there. I have a 46 gal bow front with 1 nem, kenya tree and gsp. I found this light but not sure if its enough.
AquaticLife HM Electronics Edge Marine Coral Reef Wireless LED Aquarium Light Fixture with Full Spectrum Color Lighting Unit 36-Inch Strip Wireless App Controlled Smart Lights
Can you help?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know anything about that light but I have recently upgraded to the new Noopsyche lights. There really great lights for the price and @noopsyche often runs sales including right now they're offering 36% off. The controls aren't great but once you set them up you don't have to use it anymore anyway.
Here is a link to their most recent post that is about the sale.

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with the other two, i just got one as well, with the controller. as mentioned, the controller is really bare bones, but how often would a person mess with it, once its setup. definately easier than trying to deal with the two buttons on the light to setup the light. i intent on purchasing another at some point, maybe even today.

to keep in mind, it is a light that is on the cheaper end, so there wont be the quality that you might see in other brands, but for what you get, its worth it. i give them the benefit of the doubt to think that they are somewhat a new company, so perhaps in the future, their products get upgraded (ie-the controller).

OP
OP
SRO-sales

SRO-sales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. If i go with the Noopsyche Light i will also have to get a new lid for the tank.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input. If i go with the Noopsyche Light i will also have to get a new lid for the tank.
TopLids may make a lid specific to your tank, if not, you can still reach out to them and see if they can make a custom one. They're a bit on the expensive side, but the quality is insane.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i agree with the other two, i just got one as well, with the controller. as mentioned, the controller is really bare bones, but how often would a person mess with it, once its setup. definately easier than trying to deal with the two buttons on the light to setup the light. i intent on purchasing another at some point, maybe even today.

to keep in mind, it is a light that is on the cheaper end, so there wont be the quality that you might see in other brands, but for what you get, its worth it. i give them the benefit of the doubt to think that they are somewhat a new company, so perhaps in the future, their products get upgraded (ie-the controller).
I respectfully disagree. I actually think the quality itself has been pretty outstanding. If I didnt know they were the new kid on the block and didnt know Ecotech...i would not be able to differentiate the light themselves from each other by side by side actual comparison. (again, sans a controller comparison). NP lights looks, feels, perform weighs comparable to ecotech. The one or two issues I have heard about NP quality..i have heard similar about EcoTech (especially lately).

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While they don’t sell a hanging kit. Nothing is stopping you from making one :) So you don’t have to put it on the rim.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back