I need help, I'm at wit's end, I don't want to tear it down but I'm in a bad place.

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an amazing system!! The tanks are beautiful! I’d work on killing those aptasia and become the number one predator. It’s a hobby itself sometimes. I aptasia x with a needle to stun and then suck them from the inside out with the same needle. Maybe lower alk a bit and get the po4 up to .03. Just gotta take it a little at a time.

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia is the absolute worst. I liked this video from BRS and used multiple methods that they mentioned and now after about a month I am aptasia free. I didn't have it as bad as you, but it was pretty much on every rock I had for sure.

Never really had success with Berghia though, but getting the right peppermint shrimps from my LFS that they "trained" or ensured would eat Aptasia because that's mostly what they were feeding them was really what worked for me. I used epoxy and f-aptasia as well every few days.

Also, hang in there, I've been at the same point where I was between quitting the hobby completely or trying harder. 3 months later, I'm glad that I chose to try harder and give it one last shot. This community has been a big part of that as well :)

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aptasia is the absolute worst. I liked this video from BRS and used multiple methods that they mentioned and now after about a month I am aptasia free. I didn't have it as bad as you, but it was pretty much on every rock I had for sure.

Never really had success with Berghia though, but getting the right peppermint shrimps from my LFS that they "trained" or ensured would eat Aptasia because that's mostly what they were feeding them was really what worked for me. I used epoxy and f-aptasia as well every few days.

Also, hang in there, I've been at the same point where I was between quitting the hobby completely or trying harder. 3 months later, I'm glad that I chose to try harder and give it one last shot. This community has been a big part of that as well :)
Following..Beautiful setup. If you can find one, a molly miller blenny may eat aptasia. I’m in Canada and Candy corals had them not to long ago. I just spotted a big one in my tank and hopefully killed it with aptasia x. I pray to not have a battle like yours. Stay strong, you will win. Happy 2021

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back