I need help like today

Kamila89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 blue tang with ich after doing my research I got to the conclusion that 2 have parasites Yellow tang and cream angel (cloudy eye, white poo, no eating, stringy like brown worms attack to my angel fish body)‍♀️I’m treating Ich with aqualife cure which is safe for invertebrates and i waiting for Metroplex to arrive. I’ve treating ick for the last 4 days but I haven’t seen much of the improvement + 83/84 water temperature. My water parameters are good but I’m very worry and frustrated me because is so much inf out there that Idk what to do.
I tried them to putt them out but they got very stressed so they still in my display tank. I just got a 135 gallon tank before this happened and I’m waiting to be ready so I can putt them in their new home. Please could somebody suggest if I should stay with this medication or try like ICK X? Will Can I use ick med in combination with Metroplex or other med to treat my other fish?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the specific question but lets see if we can get you some help, and hopefully someone else will come along as well

#reefsquad

Welcome to R2R as well by the way!

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 1 blue tang with ich after doing my research I got to the conclusion that 2 have parasites Yellow tang and cream angel (cloudy eye, white poo, no eating, stringy like brown worms attack to my angel fish body)‍♀I’m treating Ich with aqualife cure which is safe for invertebrates and i waiting for Metroplex to arrive. I’ve treating ick for the last 4 days but I haven’t seen much of the improvement + 83/84 water temperature. My water parameters are good but I’m very worry and frustrated me because is so much inf out there that Idk what to do.
I tried them to putt them out but they got very stressed so they still in my display tank. I just got a 135 gallon tank before this happened and I’m waiting to be ready so I can putt them in their new home. Please could somebody suggest if I should stay with this medication or try like ICK X? Will Can I use ick med in combination with Metroplex or other med to treat my other fish?

Until the pro's arrive...... If you are using a medication that is "invertebrate safe", it will not be effective in killing the ich parasite. Copper is the standard for this treatment - I use a chelated copper sulfate called CopperSAFE at 2ppm which has kept all of my fish ich-free. Yes, for the fish you are mentioning, you can use Metro w/ copper. I use copper, praziquantil, and metronidozol for every incoming fish treatment, and this combo has been incredibly effective. It would be best to remove the fish from the display and put into hospital tank for treatment.

OP
OP
Kamila89

Kamila89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until the pro's arrive...... If you are using a medication that is "invertebrate safe", it will not be effective in killing the ich parasite. Copper is the standard for this treatment - I use a chelated copper sulfate called CopperSAFE at 2ppm which has kept all of my fish ich-free. Yes, for the fish you are mentioning, you can use Metro w/ copper. I use copper, praziquantil, and metronidozol for every incoming fish treatment, and this combo has been incredibly effective. It would be best to remove the fish from the display and put into hospital tank for treatment.
Thanks for your answer! I tried again to remove them but I can’t move the rock where they hiding Plus one of my clowns almost had a heat attack, I thought he has dead as soon we stop chasing the other 3 he started swimming again. I realized I have Purigen in my canister so I removed it and re dosed with Aquaticlife cure that’s what I have on hand, I suppose to receive the Metroplex last night but is late so yesterday when I when to the pet shop which they only have aquaticlife for ick (I live in a small town)they have Prazipro It’s liquid do you think it will do it? I’m talking for my other 2 fishes. I have a protein skimmer should I remove the cup? Or can a leave it with my canister?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will have to remove them from the DT to treat them effectively for Ich. Copper or Chloroquine phosphate are the best treatments. There are stickies in this forum that show how to do that.

For the parasites you could treat with General Cure/Focus treated foods for 2 weeks (one scoop of Focus...the one that comes wit it, and one scoop of General Cure in about a tablespoon of frozen food). I'll try to help more when I get some time....at work at the moment.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly if you cannot catch ALL the fish and treat them in a separate tank with Hypo, Copper or other non reef safe methods than you are really looking at managing Ick. Forget all the reef safe methods as those do not work well if not at all. Ick is sometimes made out to be a "death sentence" when in actuality fish are very capable of fighting it off and living healthy. I think of ick as the flu where if given high quality meals and keeping good water quality will allow most fish to battle the sickness off. I do not quarantine as I feel it causes more stress on the fish then needed unless I visually see something wrong. A wonderful post has been written about ick managment vs eradication which I think will help you understand what you are really dealing with I think its by hummblefish. Hope this helps :)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does Cupramine=Chloroquine Phosphate?

No, Cupramine is copper sulfate and chloroquine phosphate is an antimalarial drug that you may have seen referred to in the discussions of treating COVID-19. It's very effective in treating velvet and Ich and can be used in fish that do not tolerate copper well.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems you want to treat them before your upgrade...

Just get a bin and pull the rock out and catch them. It is easier at night usually as they are kind of dazed and sleepy. Catch them even if you think they are going to have a heart attack. Fish will freak out and jump, play dead and so on... they think something is trying to eat them... I would do all the same things if I thought something was after to eat me...

It isn't going to do any good to keep trying over and over, better to just rip the bandaid off instead of continuously stressing them.

If it is safe for invertebrates it is safe for ich too ;)

Your other option is to just feed well and hope they make it. Keep in mind any fish you add may cause a flare up or any stressors and so on.

Back