I need help. Lol. I have fish but they hid all the time

Braveheart!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a wrasse die about a month ago and my other fish are now less active, ( my fish weren’t super active, but they were out more). I have two clown fish that since day one hang around the back corner of the tank. Four Banggai Cardinals that group in two pairs and stay behind the rocks. A yellow belly hippo tang that love to eat or hide. A royal grammar that swims some times, but hides most of the time. A coral beauty angle that swims around the landscape, but more out out of site than in clear view. The diamond goby and LawnMoyer Benny are great. 2 cleaner shrimp, I see more at night. The emerald crabs (3), I never see. I want a fish or several that will ring the other fish out. I see so many tanks were the fish are swimming. I’m thinking a few wrasse, but which ones. any input on fish would be great. Thank

BD785862-9BD4-42B4-B16B-4B2EBF49ED86.jpeg

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sit in fron of your tank with your fish at eye level and talk to them quietly (fish ASMR). Hold their food in your hand inside the tank minute or two so they learn to eat from your hand.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippos hide. My little dude has his crack he wedges into whenever I come up but comes out for food. They are shy!! The clowns always do clown things like that, thats normal for coral beauties, and same with the gramma. The cardinals are usually more open swimmers and help draw shy fish out. What are the water parameters? Might be a water quality issue or lighting like someone else said. Youve got a lot of naturally shy fish, I learned that the hard way with my blue tang and CB angel.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back