I NEED HELP WITH A DECISION!!!

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m creating a 32.5g lps and softie tank with a 10g sump. I need help choosing fish! I keep doing research, finding a fish I like, then finding out it isn't comparable with another fish or coral that I want, leaving me to choose between the two. Currently, I have three fish, my cuc is all set (I’m open to suggestions, but I’m pretty solid on my choice), and I’m also pretty solid on my coral choices. My tank has a lot of swimming room, but also many rocks and crevices to explore (picture below). What do you think I should add?
D991240D-73FA-4638-952E-479019DBCCB5.jpeg

My Current Livestock:
- 1x Tailspot Blenny
- 2x Ocellarus Clownfish

Possible Livestock additions:

Fish:
- 1x Yellow Coria Wrasse
- 1x Royal Gramma
- 1x Firefish
- 2x Bangaii Cardinal Fish

CUC and Coral:
- 3x Trochus Snails
- 3x Serith Snails
- 2x Giant Nassarius Snails
- 1x Fighting Conch
- Acan Coral
- Zoanthid Garden
- Torch Coral
- Mushroom Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Kenya Tree Coral
- Hammer Coral
- Bubble Coral

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m creating a 32.5g lps and softie tank with a 10g sump. I need help choosing fish! I keep doing research, finding a fish I like, then finding out it isn't comparable with another fish or coral that I want, leaving me to choose between the two. Currently, I have three fish, my cuc is all set (I’m open to suggestions, but I’m pretty solid on my choice), and I’m also pretty solid on my coral choices. My tank has a lot of swimming room, but also many rocks and crevices to explore (picture below). What do you think I should add?

My Current Livestock:
- 1x Tailspot Blenny
- 2x Ocellarus Clownfish

Fish:
- 1x Yellow Coria Wrasse
- 1x Royal Gramma
- 1x Firefish

CUC and Coral:
- 3x Trochus Snails
- 3x Serith Snails
- 1x Fighting Conch
- Acan Coral
- Zoanthid Garden
- Torch Coral
- Mushroom Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Kenya Tree Coral
- Hammer Coral
- Bubble Coral
If your adamant about your choice then nothing/no one will change your mind about it!
In the mean time/ spare time,
Research alot about anything you want to add to your aquarium.

Following :) :)

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely add some type of wrasse if you’re looking for fish that swims around the tank
What would be a good wrasse to add for my size tank? I decided Yellow Coris, but they might be a little big for my tank.

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your adamant about your choice then nothing/no one will change your mind about it!
In the mean time/ spare time,
Research alot about anything you want to add to your aquarium.

Following :) :)
I’m not necessarily adamant, as I’m open to suggestions and will make changes. I just researched a lot of livestock and ended up with those options. But I don’t know which to add, because I here royal grammas can be aggressive towards wrasses, and firefish get skidish (so I dont know if a wrasse and firefish would be a good idea). I would love to here your input.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not necessarily adamant, as I’m open to suggestions and will make changes. I just researched a lot of livestock and ended up with those options. But I don’t know which to add, because I here royal grammas can be aggressive towards wrasses, and firefish get skidish (so I dont know if a wrasse and firefish would be a good idea). I would love to here your input.

Royal grammers are of a different group, maybe damsel type, they can be agressive I'?, firefish. Unsure of word 'skidish' but can act wierd/agressive towards others,
I'm sure you list is great, unfortunately I can offer advice

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My Current Livestock:
- 1x Tailspot Blenny
- 2x Ocellarus Clownfish

Fish:
- 1x Yellow Coria Wrasse
- 1x Royal Gramma
- 1x Firefish

CUC and Coral:
- 3x Trochus Snails
- 3x Serith Snails
- 1x Fighting Conch
- Acan Coral
- Zoanthid Garden
- Torch Coral
- Mushroom Coral
- Frogspawn Coral
- Kenya Tree Coral
- Hammer Coral
- Bubble Coral
When you say 'your solid' on your choice then this is admenet in my perspective. Good luck in your aquarium and I will follow.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is to small for yellow coris. Your other choices are ok. If you want a yellow fish maybe a YWG would be ok. Your 32g is 22g DT with rocks so 8 fish in a small tank is pushing the limit. Want to avoid a hostile reef environment. Check out pink streak pygmy wrasse

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say 'your solid' on your choice then this is admenet in my perspective. Good luck in your aquarium and I will follow.
I see how I made that confusing. I am mainly looking for fish suggestions, or how I could make my choices easier or better. When I say “I’m pretty solid” or “I’m solid” about my choices, I mean I like my choices and will most likely keep them. However, if someone brings forward a proposal of what I can do, or explains why something in my list won’t work, I will most likely change it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Im ok with your list but however concerned about total length/growth of fish for this size tank. 6 lined wrasse is better wrasse choice but hit or miss with temperment. Mine is model citizen but many end up with terror fish of this type

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im ok with your list but however concerned about total length/growth of fish for this size tank. 6 lined wrasse is better wrasse choice but hit or miss with temperment. Mine is model citizen but many end up with terror fish of this type
That’s why I was scared to add it to the list. If I did get one, when should I add it to the tank (compared to when I add other fish and inverts)?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That’s why I was scared to add it to the list. If I did get one, when should I add it to the tank (compared to when I add other fish and inverts)?
Last occupant

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Current Livestock:
- 1x Tailspot Blenny
- 2x Ocellarus Clownfish

Fish:
- 1x Yellow Coria Wrasse
- 1x Royal Gramma
- 1x Firefish
Are you planning to add ALL these fish, or are you looking for advice on which ONE you should choose?

With 2 clowns already in a 32 gallon tank, I wouldn't add more than I more fish. (I know you have the tailspot already, but the clowns are likely to be the issue as they can be very territorial in a small tank.)

OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you planning to add ALL these fish, or are you looking for advice on which ONE you should choose?

With 2 clowns already in a 32 gallon tank, I wouldn't add more than I more fish. (I know you have the tailspot already, but the clowns are likely to be the issue as they can be very territorial in a small tank.)
I’m looking for advice on which fish out of these I should choose. And both my clowns are really peaceful for clownfish.

AquaDaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow coris wrasse is a great fish! It has beautiful bright color, swims all around hunting pests and picking leftovers on the sand bed, and it’s not aggressive at all. It can hang out with firefish without any problem. But it can grow up to 5” which might be a bit big for your tank

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back