i need help with my clownfish like now

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so in the past like 2 or so days, ive noticed my clownfish is resting on the bottom alot. but whenever i walk over to the tank he gets back up and starts begging for food. he eats fine btw. and today, i saw something on his fin. it wasnt like ich or anything, it kinda looked like a piece of debris was just stuck on his fin. i added a air pump just in case and i am going to do a 25% water change on the tank incase it is an ammonia issue (the person who came over might have overfed my tank). i dont have a test kit rn but the tank is around 76-78, it is a filtered 10 gallon with another fish in the tank being a small orchid dottyback. the clown and the dottyback are just waiting for their tank upgrade to be done. below should be videos showing the situation. the video with him swimming is to show the white debris piece on his side. the other video with him resting on the ground is to show what he looks like when im not there. he has never had any problems in the past btw and loves eating.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The videos don't show up fo rme but I'd guess a swim bladder problem. Do a search with the term and also check Jay Hemdal's info. There are various causes and it may not have anything to do with your tank or the person who took care of it for you.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The videos don't show up fo rme but I'd guess a swim bladder problem. Do a search with the term and also check Jay Hemdal's info. There are various causes and it may not have anything to do with your tank or the person who took care of it for you.
i didnt see them either after i posted but it worked after i downloaded the videos, if you dont mind could you try that bc i dont rlly think its a swim bladder problem bc my clown is getting "excited" as soon as i come near the tank. i think with swim bladder they cant control their movements im not sure tbh correct me if im wrong.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos not working for me either but without more info such as test results etc it's going to be hard to say what the issue is, if there is an issue as clowns can sit-up against the side of the tank, especially if it's just one clown without a partner.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt see them either after i posted but it worked after i downloaded the videos, if you dont mind could you try that bc i dont rlly think its a swim bladder problem bc my clown is getting "excited" as soon as i come near the tank. i think with swim bladder they cant control their movements im not sure tbh correct me if im wrong.
You should host them and repost here.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry, still not working for me. With a swim bladder problem a fish will either float to the surface or sink to the bottom. Depending on the severity of the problem they may be able to get around just fine and potentially could live a normal life span. Does it swim with a bobbing motion like Hawkfish? Hawkfish don't have swimbladders, will sink as soon as they stop swimming and that's why they're always sitting staring at you.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it might be swim bladder actually tbh, he’s struggling to stay upright. how should I go abt treating it? I’ve seen people recommend a freshwater dip. Should I just get some rodi water and put him in there for abt 5 mins?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upload the video to youtube then share it here maybe an option.
That debri looking thing on his fin,look up flukes also to rule it in or out,fresh water dip and look in container also to see if anything falls off

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos not working for me either but without more info such as test results etc it's going to be hard to say what the issue is, if there is an issue as clowns can sit-up against the side of the tank, especially if it's just one clown without a partner.
i tried replying with the vids could you let me know if it works? clowns lay on the bottom if they dont have a partner?

Attachments

• 2179362-a26a9f03dcbc1d1d9a4a49a8757e8ecf.mov
    62.5 MB
  • RPReplay_Final1625859260.mov
    62.5 MB

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I've heard of using freshwater to treat what could be an internal viral or bacterial infection. I don't have time to search valid treatments used by vetinarians, that's something you will need to do. But please do not torture your fish with a freshwater dip in RO/DI unless you can find legitamate resaerch done by vetinarians showing it's efficacy for the simptomology your fish is demonstrating.

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im looking into the swim bladder thing rn, could you let me know any potential treatments?

Attachments

• 2179362-a26a9f03dcbc1d1d9a4a49a8757e8ecf.mov
    62.5 MB
  • RPReplay_Final1625859260.mov
    62.5 MB
OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, learn how to write a sentence. That way, people can understand what you are talking about. It's kinda how the way a civilization works.
im rlly stressed abt my clown rn so im in a bit of a rush so i apologize my spelling and grammatical errors. but could you please help with my issue?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gave me option to download and i looked in my phone and seen this video.i took few screenshots.is this your fish with white lump on back caudal fin ?
Look up lympho

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-211328_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211328_Gallery.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20210709-211330_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211330_Gallery.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20210709-211332_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211332_Gallery.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210709-211336_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211336_Gallery.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210709-211331_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211331_Gallery.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210709-211335_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211335_Gallery.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210709-211337_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210709-211337_Gallery.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 19

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see videos , if you truly believe it’s Swim bladder ( kinda doubt) lessen feedings to once every 2 days to help bladder . If that doesn’t work it’s not a swim bladder issue , could be internal parasite

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what's been going on the past week, but there seems to be an outbreak of people acting mean on R2R and I've had enough of it. This person is asking for help, so if all you can do is be a jerk instead of helping, go to another forum and annoy people there.
For the OP, it does sound like swim bladder to me but I'm not an expert. If the fish is otherwise acting OK and eating well, you're probably not in a super emergency situation. The key with swim bladder issues is to figure out what's causing it. As I understand it, it's a secondary effect of something else (disease, trauma, etc.). I can't see the videos either (a common problem on R2R for some reason). Can you get a snapshot from the video of the fin debris/lesion?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what's been going on the past week, but there seems to be an outbreak of people acting mean on R2R and I've had enough of it. This person is asking for help, so if all you can do is be a jerk instead of helping, go to another forum and annoy people there.
For the OP, it does sound like swim bladder to me but I'm not an expert. If the fish is otherwise acting OK and eating well, you're probably not in a super emergency situation. The key with swim bladder issues is to figure out what's causing it. As I understand it, it's a secondary effect of something else (disease, trauma, etc.). I can't see the videos either (a common problem on R2R for some reason). Can you get a snapshot from the video of the fin debris/lesion?
yea i tried to handle it normally bc i literally am worrying abt my very first saltwater fish, i dont have the time or the energy for people like that, anyway i took your advice and took ss of the clown from my videos. i promise that the stuff you see on the clown is just debris in the tank, the red circle indicates what the lesion is. it doesnt rlly look like a dot in 3d, it looks kinda like just something got stuck on my clown which makes sense bc 2 weeks ago a filter pad i had sort of let off alot of strings and i think it might
IMG_9631.jpg
be that.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is this your video?
Sorry since i downloaded your video,for last 5 minutes my phone all sudden going slow and not working pffft

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t see videos , if you truly believe it’s Swim bladder ( kinda doubt) lessen feedings to once every 2 days to help bladder . If that doesn’t work it’s not a swim bladder issue , could be internal parasite
i alr feed once every 2 days and have been doing so for months. here is a photo of the "lesion" i am talking abt (idk if its a lesion for sure tho)
IMG_9631.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back