I need some ideas on catching my fish in my reef aquarium

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a blue tang and it had ick. Of course I didn't know and I didn't have a QT set up. Well I have it set up now and cycled. I caught both my clowns last night. And acclimated them for 45 minutes to the QT. I have never taken a fish after I owned it out of it home before. So it makes me a little sick. Well this moring both my clowns look so said and are not eating. Neither one have any signs of ick on them but they have had it in the past month. I need ideas on catching my other fish like... lawnmower blenny. Sand sifter goby, blue neon cleaner, blue tang, pj cardinal,

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try many of the various fish traps on the market, some work better than others. Trying after lights out may help with the tang. Pulling rock work and catching them may be an only option, especially speaking with a cleaner goby and a sand sifter.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I bought a blue tang and it had ick. Of course I didn't know and I didn't have a QT set up. Well I have it set up now and cycled. I caught both my clowns last night. And acclimated them for 45 minutes to the QT. I have never taken a fish after I owned it out of it home before. So it makes me a little sick. Well this moring both my clowns look so said and are not eating. Neither one have any signs of ick on them but they have had it in the past month. I need ideas on catching my other fish like... lawnmower blenny. Sand sifter goby, blue neon cleaner, blue tang, pj cardinal,
Have you considered a fish trap?

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? Is it packed with corals? If it's not a massive undertaking pull out the rock and catch all the fish.

If not look at a fish trap. But the fastest way is to pull the rock out.

Also if you come out at like 3am and hit the tank with a flash light you might find a few fish not sleeping in the rock work. If you know where they are you can go from pitch dark to hitting them with the light which will startle them and then scoop them up.

Dave B

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried it for a week only caught crabs.maybe Im not using it right

Attachments

• 16788088187284361111159143994488.jpg
    16788088187284361111159143994488.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 23

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I had to do this best remove rock catch fish and put back together. The sooner you start copper the better

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took an empty water bottle cut the top off, inverted it to inside the bottle. Filled with water added some food in the bottle and placed it on bottom of tank and in less than 5 minutes my neon dottyback was caught.

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 gallon with 200 pounds of rock
I stand corrected. Im not trying to be rude, but I have 150 lbs of rock in my 180, and thats significantly more rock than you have just by looking at your last post on the build thread. It looks like youre "rocking" with 70lbs of rock maybe 100. Either way, you are probably going to have to remove all the rock to get the fish out. Its best to get this over with sooner rather than later.

OP
OP
easyautocare18

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stand corrected. Im not trying to be rude, but I have 150 lbs of rock in my 180, and thats significantly more rock than you have just by looking at your last post on the build thread. It looks like youre "rocking" with 70lbs of rock maybe 100. Either way, you are probably going to have to remove all the rock to get the fish out. Its best to get this over with sooner rather than later.
I got a lot of rock dude. I tore down my 125 and my 30 and I already had rock I. My 75, all together. But hey I'm just guessing honestly.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottle trick worked great for me. Fish can easily swim in but struggle to get out. So simple to make and worked really quick.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back