I need someone that understands WiFi/routers/IP addresses.....

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a light that I can’t connect to. It’s WiFi name is different than what manufactures say it should be. I have two other lights that are the same brand and version. Both of those had the correct WiFi name and I’ve been able to connect and setup. I might of messed this one up while I was setting it up. I need help getting into the lights WiFi to see if I can get to work. I don’t have a clue on fixing or even understanding this type of technology. Please Help!
Tanks!
BD

642C7674-2A9C-4285-84CB-65564A88FC93.jpeg

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wifi setups use a local connection from the device to a phone/laptop. Doing a refresh with it off and then again when it’s on should make it pop up. Angry IP scanner will list any device connected to your network. Not sure if you can do the initial pairing for setup or logging into the device after it is on your network. Tech support is usually a good next step (I always do these via email incase the device is broken)

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry had to feed to kidos...It’s a Coral Box Moon LED V3...I bought the V2 light 4 or so years ago. Still works great. Then I bought two of these back in 2020. One works great and is programmed and this one doesn’t. There is a reset/connect WiFi button on the light but doesn’t seem to help. The light lights up, I believe at full strength but I can not program it.

Could I have messed up the Network name when originally trying to setup? I haven’t taken the light cover off yet to see if there is a button inside. So my main question is did I mess up the configuration on my WiFi settings? Is there a way to get back in and fix name a settings through my WiFi settings? The name should be Moon V3-**** but it’s ESP_CBF0CA...It will not connect and my phone says “it’s a open network, no security...use WPA3...blah blah blah”... Please help if anyone has a clue.

B887DE7A-9FAE-4AE0-8C89-8DD0342F206B.jpeg 1A634F71-3DE1-4270-A4A5-2977846BEDB6.jpeg 43FE7484-348E-468C-BD1C-C2DABE11DEC4.jpeg 66FD1D27-78C3-45B2-9D36-847E6DAE6D32.jpeg

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story but I talked to a guy at the company. Very hard to communicate but I tried everything he told me to do then ask me to send it to CHINA and this was right when Wuhan was spreading through the world....Sooo I said Nope.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most wifi setups use a local connection from the device to a phone/laptop. Doing a refresh with it off and then again when it’s on should make it pop up. Angry IP scanner will list any device connected to your network. Not sure if you can do the initial pairing for setup or logging into the device after it is on your network. Tech support is usually a good next step (I always do these via email incase the device is broken)
What do you mean a refresh with it off?

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understand for the Reset Button / Router Button

Reset / Router Button is the same. When Power On the LED , hold reset button 4 second(Fast Flash), it will reset LED to default

See this video to Know how to Reset LED

Hold Reset Button for 12 to 14 Second, it will switch the LED to Router Mode. (First 8 second is Green Flashing Frequency, and then 8 to 14 second the LED indiciator will become Fast Green LED Flash 2 time, Off . And second Green LED Flash 2 time again, Off. Then release the Button

See this Video

It's Must Power On and immediately to Press the Button can work! Otherwise when you power on and hold the reset / router button will not work!

How to set for Router Model ?
Before SetUp Router Model, you Must Know how to Reset the LED firstly if setup fault!

1) Power On the LED Firstly
2) Press the Reset Button / Router Button immediately

3) The Indicator LED will Flashing (Around 8 second green), and then waiting until the third time of Green Flashing (Around to 12- 14second) to release the reset button /Router button

4) The LED indicator will turn Red flash 2 second
5) Open the apps, Join the Network firstly(Must using Apps Join Network, otherwise it will not work)

Important! For the Home SSID Start , do not press Stop on it. And try to press the screen within 20 second to prevent for your screen saver leave out the search screen. Its need to around 1 to 2 mins on the search for your SSID

https://coral-box.com/uploads/3/5/7/2/35728429/advance_user_router_2.docx
The videos do not play

If I am reading this right

There is button on the bottom near the emitters.

Hold in for about 4 seconds. Resets light settings to default.

Wait a few and then unplug the light.

Plug light back in and immediately press the button again and hold it in.

This should happen. Hold Reset Button for 12 to 14 Second, it will switch the LED to Router Mode. (First 8 second is Green Flashing Frequency, and then 8 to 14 second the LED indiciator will become Fast Green LED Flash 2 time, Off . And second Green LED Flash 2 time again, Off. Then release the Button

I believe that will default it back to the beginning and it will broadcast a network again.
Is it called
Moon V3-xxxx(4 digits)
Password 12345678

But you might want to wait until some other people read that. @NeonRabbit221B

Last edited:

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He means refreshing the IP scanner with the light turned off and then back on, which would show you the name of the device. But since you already know what it is…

Also there has to be a way that completely restores the light to factory settings, including the wifi module. Did you watch the youtube video in that link?

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story but I talked to a guy at the company. Very hard to communicate but I tried everything he told me to do then ask me to send it to CHINA and this was right when Wuhan was spreading through the world....Sooo I said Nope.
Sounds like the light was badly programmed from the factory
ESP makes micro computer chips.
ESP32 being common .
May default to an access point if your router is turned off but doubt if that will solve your problem.
Pretty sure it's " broke" as in may need reprogramming.
Which can be done but not by mere mortals IF you can get the firmware.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the light was badly programmed from the factory
ESP makes micro computer chips.
ESP32 being common .
May default to an access point if your router is turned off but doubt if that will solve your problem.
Pretty sure it's " broke" as in may need reprogramming.
Which can be done but not by mere mortals IF you can get the firmware.
Yeah I looked that up a couple of months ago to make sure and it was a micro computer chip company out of China I believe. Then I was thinking, ok so I’m giving them my WiFi and password to work a aquarium light? Just like all the apps we download we just check to Agree to all terms and conditions without caring. Throwing out our privacy rights just for instant entertainment/technology ...Wow I just went off ....Sorry, most of that had nothing to do with my dud light.
I first reached out to Coral Moon Box but I will reach out to Fishstreet where I purchased it. I’ll Send the 20-40 emails between me a Coral Box discussing the issue. It really is a great light for the price, I have two that work. Unfortunately this one is a dud.

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the two that work. Still need to clean up wiring. Thank you for your knowledge..I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I could fix on my Iphone.
Tanks!
BD

ABB6FF0D-E823-439F-9301-C9F0920320D8.jpeg

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw the updated post. Thank you everyone. I’m going to dive into the post and try everything.
Tanks!
BD

OP
OP
TnFishwater98

TnFishwater98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He means refreshing the IP scanner with the light turned off and then back on, which would show you the name of the device. But since you already know what it is…

Also there has to be a way that completely restores the light to factory settings, including the wifi module. Did you watch the youtube video in that link?
I do have another Light exactly the same . I just reset it and was able to join. So I understand the linking process when it works. What I’m reading and have tried to do in the past - is that I need to be able to reset light to factory so it shows up as a Coral Moon V3-**** instead of the ESP@&$@&&..... This light stays green when I push and hold the button but it does Blink every 3 or so seconds. I’m going to try and hold button then plug in light...Correct? For reset

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have another Light exactly the same . I just reset it and was able to join. So I understand the linking process when it works. What I’m reading and have tried to do in the past - is that I need to be able to reset light to factory so it shows up as a Coral Moon V3-**** instead of the ESP@&$@&&..... This light stays green when I push and hold the button but it does Blink every 3 or so seconds. I’m going to try and hold button then plug in light...Correct? For reset
Nope
Read the directions above

The short version
There is button on the bottom near the emitters.

Hold in for about 4 seconds. Resets light settings to default.

Wait a few and then unplug the light.

Plug light back in and immediately press the button again and hold it in.

This should happen. Hold Reset Button for 12 to 14 Second, it will switch the LED to Router Mode. (First 8 second is Green Flashing Frequency, and then 8 to 14 second the LED indiciator will become Fast Green LED Flash 2 time, Off . And second Green LED Flash 2 time again, Off. Then release the Button

I believe that will default it back to the beginning and it will broadcast a network again.
Is it called
Moon V3-xxxx(4 digits)
Password 12345678

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back