I need the scientific name of this feather duster!

Pharmasqueek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I need some help. I'm trying to get my LFS to order a special variant of feather duster for me, but the only kind available is Sabellastarte Spectabilis, which is just the typical large Hawaiian feather duster. I don't know if this duster is just a color variant of purple and gold/ purple and yellow, or if it actually has a different name. The one specimen they have is in their display tank and is not for sale Does anyone have any answers for me, is there a different scientific name for it, or it it just a color variant and I have to have him order Sabellastarte sp. And hope that I get lucky with the color? Thanks guys! ❤
20210504_134705.jpg

OP
OP
Pharmasqueek

Pharmasqueek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks to be a Coco worm?

Is the tube soft and leathery, or hard and calcareous?
It's soft, I looked it up and it's been sold before as a purple and yellow or purple and gold feather duster, I thought maybe coco work too, but the only trace of something that looks the same was a purple and gold feather

Screenshot_20210423-122255_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20210423-122324_Google.jpg

ClearRain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our wholesalers typically just list those as "Burgandy and Gold". I usually only see the Hawaiians available too.

OP
OP
Pharmasqueek

Pharmasqueek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our wholesalers typically just list those as "Burgandy and Gold". I usually only see the Hawaiians available too.
Are they listed as feather dusters though or coco worms? My LFS needs to know what to watch out for on the order list and I'd love to have a unique specimen like this!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 143 60.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 27.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 64 27.2%
Back