I need to know what booster pump for my RODI water! Help me please

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. I have a really good plumber that came today. He needs me to find out what type of booster pump I need to get the 80PSI pressure for my RODI unit. I’m currently getting 40psi.

Please help me as quick as possible because the sooner I find out the sooner he can fix it so I can do a water change to the tank.

7297E701-DD6C-4FCD-9F25-A82BC45C02BE.png
E3D0951F-B793-4954-AFF0-65B2AF4BC556.png

OP
OP
Miami Reef

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked the plumber won’t any booster pump work and he said that some won’t get the pressure that I need.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is what I've always used and it never fails to get me to 80 psi in any system I've used before.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The type that @Rob.bucek posted is what I've always used. The booster pump is only for the rodi unit and not something that boosts pressure through your entire house, you wouldn't want that much pressure on your house plumbing anyway, which means most plumbers probably wouldn't know what to use. You probably already know this but for installing a booster pump for an rodi unit you won't need a plumber, it's all just 1/4" push fittings.

Also, if it was your plumbers decision to install the rodi with a saddle valve then I would question if he was a "really good" plumber. It's not that it won't work with the saddle valve, it's just kind of a crude way of doing it.

stacksoner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if it was your plumbers decision to install the rodi with a saddle valve then I would question if he was a "really good" plumber. It's not that it won't work with the saddle valve, it's just kind of a crude way of doing it.
It looks like this is the waste line, no?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like this is the waste line, no?
I don't believe so. It looks like the saddle valve is going into a smaller (3/4" perhaps) copper line. Drain lines are traditionally much larger, and also not made of copper. Plus there is no reason that I can think of to have a ball valve on a waste line.

Edit- I just noticed in the pictures that you can see a red line going from the ball valve near the saddle valve, and it is a red line going to the inlet of the filter. Although to be fair it's possible that the waste line could be red also.

Last edited:

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The type that @Rob.bucek posted is what I've always used. The booster pump is only for the rodi unit and not something that boosts pressure through your entire house, you wouldn't want that much pressure on your house plumbing anyway, which means most plumbers probably wouldn't know what to use. You probably already know this but for installing a booster pump for an rodi unit you won't need a plumber, it's all just 1/4" push fittings.

Yes, a better way to do this is get a T connector in the cold water line going to the faucet.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back