I Need Your Help!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am wanting to design a display set up to advertise Club Zoa at frag swaps and things like that. I dont have the money to do something really nice right now or I would get one of those premade setups for about $1000. We would look great! But maybe in the future.

Anyway I need some inexpensive ideas from all of you. Think outside the box because I want an attention getter.

Also if you have pics of other reef related booths that couls hlep spark the brain please post them.

:D

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some black retail display wire racks that I used to use for photography displays that you can have. Just have to figure out a way to get them. Because of weight they would be rather expensive to ship.

I'll try to find an old picture of it.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow really! Thats awesome! I would love to get them if it's feasible. Thanks bro!

Nikon_Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the picture of my old display is on a different hard drive. Here is a link to the product. Each unit is six foot high and two feet wide. I had three of them together so the entire wall was 6 x 6. I then had black curtains made to hang in the back.

They are rugged and easy to set up and tear down. The only drawback is that they are a bit heavy.

http://www.displays2go.com/product.asp?ID=6172

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sure going to try! If I can get a nice set up and raise some funds I will go. The sponsors dont pay enough right now to cover this type of investment for either the display or a trip.

I am sure going to try though.

BigBadZoaDaddy

Orange ya gonna Frag it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool those black racks with a black curtain and you can hang logos for hand out or shirts FS, see if someone can print out a table cloth size with some reef scene on it and through a clamp on banner across the top of the black racks!!
Great Idea Rez good luck, someone on here has to have acess to a print shop?
That is reall all you would need.

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool those black racks with a black curtain and you can hang logos for hand out or shirts FS, see if someone can print out a table cloth size with some reef scene on it and through a clamp on banner across the top of the black racks!!
Great Idea Rez good luck, someone on here has to have acess to a print shop?
That is reall all you would need.

That's a great idea, IMO. Then you can get some large prints made of the gorgeous zoa macro shots that litter these threads and use velcro to adhere them to the black curtian. You can fill the curtian...kinda like a mosaic. (sp?)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is great ideas! Please keep them coming! I can do poster size prints for like $25 each.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was thinking on having a couple laptops there for people to look at CZ and to sign up as well. I want to give away some prizes too.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To go back to your first links, use some 3/4" PVC and build a structure, then cover it with fabric (you can usually get it just about as wide and certainly as long as you need). That would be a cheap way. As long as you don't make too many long sections of PVC, it stays pretty rigid (more fittings make it more rigid). Pull the fabric tight and viola. Won't look as nice as the professional stuff, but with a few other simple additions, you could spruce it up to hide how it si really made. Just an idea...

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, does your church have a portable projector you can borrow? You could do the black fabric screen and get a rigid white posterboard and set up a slideshow of pictures that changes every few seconds to get more Ohh La'La appeal at the tradeshow. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gary thats a great idea as well. I could use black pvc. :)

As far as the projector goes I would love to do that, but our church'sare mounted.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok any more ideas? One month away and I need to start getting things together for this!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Come on peeps! I need ideas!

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that if you used black PVC and used Velcro on the PVC to adhere the black cloth stretched between the side bars and along a top bar it would look pretty nice then you could use Velcro as well to hang the pics on the cloth as long as it is a kinda shaggy cloth or something. For the base of the poles you could do a square pinwheel type pattern that would give you some sturdiness also plus the bar across the top it should stand on it own pretty well. Plus it would be relatively cheap and easy to take down...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok well I ordered a tabletop display and I have to get other things ordered because August 11th is coming on fast!

Ok I need some more final ideas.

1) I am going to set up 2 laptops for people to sign up.
2) I'll have business cards.
3) Graphics for the back wall (CZ top 10)
4) CZ T-Shirts to give away and sell.
5) Raffle for a prize for those who sign up.
6) I am thinking about setting up a pico tank with the CZ top 10 in the tank??

Any thoughts on this, and anymore ideas??

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh I will also have stuff to give away from vendors if they send it to me.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back