I need your help!!!

RadekR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3317418F-715B-4774-8859-854A423686CF.jpeg
EBA60D0A-8E03-4091-B931-5C208386DD16.jpeg

Three of my fish have something on the body. They don't really easy. The other one fish is scratching of the sand. I don't know if this is important but all of the problematic fish are yellow. This is over week already. What is this and what can I do???

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So hard to tell by these photos you posted. Can you please post additional photos ideally with white lights on?

OP
OP
RadekR

RadekR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BB31A6F8-5C8C-417B-A47F-49B98043FF0C.jpeg
15999833-64A5-4E99-8637-4E0972A6E6F0.jpeg

The fish have some yellow things on the head and around all body. I see dis only on yellow goby and Citron cLown goby. My Midas Blenny looks Ok but scratching on the send.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry most highly likely parasitic, especially on body i see raised dots need to get in QT to treat them That is why they are sctatching. the one spot on face could mean velvet which is worse

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is definitely something, and the scratching is a big sign as well. Dont want to suggest a possible parasite it could be as it's hard to tell in the pics, but I'd try to QT and identify it a little more before dosing anything. There are lots of informative people on here, maybe someone will be able to tell better.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I see what appears to be ich. Also associated with scratching.
Other possibility is velvet. They both have similar treatment requirements and QT will be a must.

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. The skin appearing to slough off the fish is also not uncommon with gobies. They don't have much ability to fight off parasites once this starts happening, so whether it's ich or velvet (and I agree with the ich diagnosis), then I suggest treating it with all possible haste. Specifically; a freshwater dip as soon as possible and then into a QT tank for treatment with copper.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion is start with a FWD. It could also be flukes which can be identified with the dip. Do you have a QT tank?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other possibility is velvet. They both have similar treatment requirements and QT will be a must.
Agreed. The skin appearing to slough off the fish is also not uncommon with gobies. They don't have much ability to fight off parasites once this starts happening, so whether it's ich or velvet (and I agree with the ich diagnosis), then I suggest treating it with all possible haste. Specifically; a freshwater dip as soon as possible and then into a QT tank for treatment with copper.
I agree. I would start with a FW dip though as @pathot984 said. Use a dark bucket so you can check for flukes at the bottom after a 5 minute dip. They'll look like "sesame seeds".

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have tank where I can quarantine and medicate fish.

Great! That makes thing easier. Nice job. Is it fully cycled?

Conduct FWD following the steps below.
  • Use a dark 1- 5 gallon bucket.
  • Use RODI water that matches the same PH and temperature of display.
*Note: Keep PH buffer or baking soda on hand if you need to raise the PH of the RODI to match the water sample. Optional to add air-stone into the bucket to produce more oxygen and agitate the water surface.
  • Use Prime or Amquel to ensure ammonia doesn't rise in the bucket during fresh water dip (FWD)
  • The duration of the dip should last anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
*Note: This timeframe is dependent on the health and behavior of the fish during the dip.

Place in sterile QT tank after dip and treat accordingly - TBD

OP
OP
RadekR

RadekR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! That makes thing easier. Nice job. Is it fully cycled?

Conduct FWD following the steps below.
  • Use a dark 1- 5 gallon bucket.
  • Use RODI water that matches the same PH and temperature of display.
*Note: Keep PH buffer or baking soda on hand if you need to raise the PH of the RODI to match the water sample. Optional to add air-stone into the bucket to produce more oxygen and agitate the water surface.
  • Use Prime or Amquel to ensure ammonia doesn't rise in the bucket during fresh water dip (FWD)
  • The duration of the dip should last anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
*Note: This timeframe is dependent on the health and behavior of the fish during the dip.

Place in sterile QT tank after dip and treat accordingly - TBD
I understand I need to dip and quarantine all the fish. With copper treatment for month or longer? Do I need to do something with display tank?

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand I need to dip and quarantine all the fish. With copper treatment for month or longer? Do I need to do something with display tank?

If its ich you will need to run the display fallow for minimum 76 days. Copper treatment 4 week will be sufficient in QT. Make sure you have a solid test kit to ensure your copper is held at therapeutic levels and increase the copper over 2-3 days to avoid shocking your fish.

OP
OP
RadekR

RadekR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its ich you will need to run the display fallow for minimum 76 days. Copper treatment 4 week will be sufficient in QT. Make sure you have a solid test kit to ensure your copper is held at therapeutic levels and increase the copper over 2-3 days to avoid shocking your fish.
I'm pretty sure this isn't Ich. The things on bish body are much bigger than Ich and they are not white.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back