I need your opinion on a YELLOW HAMMER CORAL I just purchased.. Green?

Marie7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that at times is better to buy from private people than coral places, I bought one yellow hammer and it looks awesome and I acquired it from a private guy... some places want to sell and that's it
I buy most of it from a private friend ... i do

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

So I just purchased an Australian yellow hammer. It was labeled as "FLORESCENT NEON HIGHLIGHTER YELLOW AUSSIE ULTRA YELLOW BRANCHING HAMMER" . (What a mouthful )

I just dipped the coral and its starting to open up... However, I am a little concerned.

It doesn't look nearly as yellow as displayed on the site. I paid a pretty penny for this hammer because the picture showed the coral pretty much as pure yellow. I've heard this vendor is notorious for doctoring their pics, but it looked as though this hammer had a ton of true yellow in it.

What do you guys think? Does it just need to color up some more? To me, the difference is significant. I will not tolerate dishonest vendors, period.

The first photo is the WYSIWYG photo on the site

The second photo is the same coral in my tank

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 4.04.03 PM.png

IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg

AVESTA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pple should stop buy coral from extrmcoral.com . I amazed how they are still in busnis . They photoshop and lie . I got twice burn with these guys . No more

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pple should stop buy coral from extrmcoral.com . I amazed how they are still in busnis . They photoshop and lie . I got twice burn with these guys . No more
You're telling me THIS picture was photoshopped?!?! But it makes me want to pee in my pants like the description says. LOL

1605237899363.png

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i got burnt too. Then if you confront him
About it, he tells you never to call him again or to never shop with him. Well, never shopping with him was already the only option.

By the way, he monitors this thread, so keep letting him know what you think about his photoshopped coral.

AVESTA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, i got burnt too. Then if you confront him
About it, he tells you never to call him again or to never shop with him. Well, never shopping with him was already the only option.

By the way, he monitors this thread, so keep letting him know what you think about his photoshopped coral.
Absolutly he did same to me .

R0C95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy this thread is still going around. So no doctoring, this is what I picked up today from my lfs. It was a quick pic, ill get a better 1 when it opens up in my tank. Its BRIGHT yellow. With blue, green, peach, orange, you name it colors underneath. Its a stunner.
20201203_144228.jpg

Gonzo74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do hope Extreme watches the thread.... Agree theyre the worst of the worst when it comes to scamming the new reefer. They really should be ashamed of themselves.
He does Watch the thread because I was arguing with him recently and he showed me pictures I had posted. I was asking him to teach me how to doctor the photos like he does.

He then showed me my photos and made fun of my bad photo taking. He still claims he does not doctor them. I feel sorry for him. He must be a miserable old man.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased a couple of Lobos from him. One was a slap yo mama, the other a pee in your pants, both, to my surprise, looked like the pictures. I had Kessils on my tank at the time mind you.

syrinx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since my last post, I did receive a coral that was not as expected. I contacted the owner via cell as he had called me before on an order issue. He was on vacation, but took the call-and I told him of the issue. We decided to wait until he got back, and let the coral acclimate-and then discuss. In his, and mine as a former owner of a LFS- this sort of a color shift was unprecedented-and the value of this formerly high dollar coral was in question. He offered everything from total refund- keep the coral- to the more than equitable deal we worked out where profit was lost and I ended up with the coral and a beautiful replacement. He and I had a beautiful and professional interaction- I am sure a Karen would have different results.

He did state his photo method to be camera in one hand, Kessil in other. I know nothing about photoshopping-or photography in general-so I offer no opinion or defense. That being said all of his photos seem to be shot from the right and lit from the left-which makes me think there is some truth in his statements. And I will repeat from my first post-other than this coral-every coral I have gotten from him has been able to replicate the photo color as in his picture-usually in one of the ramping stages of my lighting-or I can do it by manipulating the channels. Like the cat above said- kessil may be the key for that.

Overall my attitude is, if you dont like the guy, the website etc-just dont order from him-he doesnt want your business. Other than that there is no reason to beef for the rest of your life over a bad coral deal.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers!

So I just purchased an Australian yellow hammer. It was labeled as "FLORESCENT NEON HIGHLIGHTER YELLOW AUSSIE ULTRA YELLOW BRANCHING HAMMER" . (What a mouthful )

I just dipped the coral and its starting to open up... However, I am a little concerned.

It doesn't look nearly as yellow as displayed on the site. I paid a pretty penny for this hammer because the picture showed the coral pretty much as pure yellow. I've heard this vendor is notorious for doctoring their pics, but it looked as though this hammer had a ton of true yellow in it.

What do you guys think? Does it just need to color up some more? To me, the difference is significant. I will not tolerate dishonest vendors, period.

The first photo is the WYSIWYG photo on the site

The second photo is the same coral in my tank

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 4.04.03 PM.png

IMG_4769.jpeg

IMG_4770.jpeg
To my very untrained eye looks like under very intense light or even infra red like when see police shows and the helicopter looking for criminals and it goes bright like this as the heat source.
And just doesnt look right as so blurry but my newly bought more yellow torch in lfs when got home it green but i got t5' s and lfs got leds all blue so ovbiously different looking coral

freshfruit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve fallen victim to extreme corals, colors were completely off and when I contacted him about it he was very rude and said his pictures match what he sends out, clearly not true. I didn’t pursue it after that but was an unhappy customer. Good luck

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's highlighter yellow. As in, once you go over some black ink and it starts to go green.

Back