I ORCA still around??

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It use to be amazing. We had a lot of good time. @Peace River where you around back when ORCA did a bunch of stuff?

I was not actively involved in ORCA but I have heard some great stories about the "good old days". There were some opportunities and challenges (as there are with many clubs) that changed the dynamic. Many times these things go in cycles so, although it may look different, I fully expect that there will be an active, thriving club in the greater Orlando area in the future. There are simply too many great stores, too many great events, and too many great reefers in the area.

McJaeger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the more important question is what do we have to do to get it started back up, and how many people would be interested in participating?

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was not actively involved in ORCA but I have heard some great stories about the "good old days". There were some opportunities and challenges (as there are with many clubs) that changed the dynamic. Many times these things go in cycles so, although it may look different, I fully expect that there will be an active, thriving club in the greater Orlando area in the future. There are simply too many great stores, too many great events, and too many great reefers in the area.

I hope its does come back together be ORCA or a new one. CFL is full of great LFS and a lot of reefers here.

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the more important question is what do we have to do to get it started back up, and how many people would be interested in participating?

I would love to see who would be interested. Even if it meant starting from scratch.

saltnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to some of those good old day meetings years ago and would love to get together with some local reefers. Of course that is when it is safe. Maybe we can set up some informal meeting at a outside cafe' or LFS just to get some idea of interest. At least we would meet some other reefers.

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any good FB groups or anything for orlando reefers selling off frags? In a few and most of what I see ends up being Ocala, Tampa, or South FL.

jimfish98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not seen much in the Orlando area recently. Are you just starting your tank? I could put together a free softie frag package together for you. GSP, Kenya Tree, and some common mushrooms.

Thank you for the offer but I am pretty set for the most part. I ordered through WWC since costs on most things are MAP and their 10% back in rewards set me up pretty good. Always on a look out though for something good. I see listings in Ocala, Tampa, S. FL, but not much in this area. You kill savings in gas, tolls, and time. Have a friend in ATL and you can find just about anything through other hobbyists up there.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back