I really need to learn to say no at my LFS!

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Greedy;Greedy ;Greedy

Payday...took a trip down to the LFS in Ormond Beach, Fl...walked around, picked up a couple cheap and easy SPS/LPS corals for the reef...

Then walked by the oddities tank, maybe looking for another member of the Disney Villains tank...and i saw this...

received_2753453568309572.jpeg

The normal price tag on Rhinopias Frondosa would definitely quell my "Ooo shiney" instinct...

Then i saw the discount...oh man...under $400 was a pretty good deal considering the online prices....sadly, my spending money was already alloted to set tasks and the deposit and hold policy at our LFS tightened because folks kept stiffing the store...so i shed a silent internal tear and moved on...

Then my friend will at the front desk said, "Hey did you see the scorpionfish? You want him?"

My reply was im tapped and wouldnt be able to meet the pick up policy. Maybe if it was still there in two weeks, i would splurge...

Then the owner and Will got a grin on their face which usually means i am about to cough up quite a pretty penny...

"No worries Randy. We know where you live. We will hold it for you till Payday. 50$ deposit and your name goes on it"...

;Sorry Just take my money...

So in two weeks, Captain Hook will be joining the crew

20201029_190551.jpg

I have a problem lol

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a scorpionfish. Basically the venom of a Lionfish (actually quite a bit worse) and the ambushing stillness of an angler.
Venom in the quills like a lionfish? I don't buy anything like that after my black longspine urchin got me about 15yrs ago. I have never felt something like that before.

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Venom in the quills like a lionfish? I don't buy anything like that after my black longspine urchin got me about 15yrs ago. I have never felt something like that before.
Yup. A bit more dangerous than a lion though. I have been hit by a lion while fishing. Not too terrible. The double bar rabbit was far worse.

But these are reported to be a trip to the hospital for some folks.

OP
OP
RC79ATC

RC79ATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine, I've had him for 2 years, they have a really high mortality rate and most people don't keep them that long. Let me know if you have any questions.

20201007_220008.jpg
I certainly will. I have plenty of live saltwater feeders. I have started to raise brackish killfish in full salt. Hopefully that will keep him happy.

Tou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never seem that fish before, crazy looking! Hope everything works out for you. Beautiful addition.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back