NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So cool. And I lol’d.
Nice. I love looking at the tank at night. My 11 year old was with me helping me find critters. We saw tons of mini stars, an asterina and a huge bristle worm. We watched the clown sleeping on top of the anemone like a pillow at first, then kind of pulled it over himself whem we were shining the light on him. So cute.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I love looking at the tank at night. My 11 year old was with me helping me find critters. We saw tons of mini stars, an asterina and a huge bristle worm. We watched the clown sleeping on top of the anemone like a pillow at first, then kind of pulled it over himself whem we were shining the light on him. So cute.
What light do you use for night viewing ?

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light do you use for night viewing ?
I have a red led option on one of my spelunking lights that I usually use. Tonight I just used the iPhone flashlight to look and take a few pictures.

Last edited:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night shots

Lobo looking hungry
59306C6A-D020-4341-84FC-8BC1EBC00511.jpeg

Sleeping with the anemone
78400E5F-C334-4E3C-9517-C45D156FDDF4.jpeg

You can see the yellow sponge at night when the anemone retracts.
I’ve never seen a clown fish like that before, great picture. He must be very ‘trusting’!

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I have one that color went from 2 heads to 12 in a couple years...then my clownfish decided it tasted good....she damaged killed all but 1 head before i moved it...silly clown...

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Highlights of aquarium keeping, watching the clown and BTA. I am looking forward to working again so I can afford a BTA.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been trying to catch up on your build thread but still not done yet.. :) I maybe get there in a month or so.. haha..

@NY_Caveman - not sure why it took so long but I just found your build last night. Unlike @geekengineer above, I am not going to read your whole thread. However, I will skim through and probably look at all the pretty pictures! :)

BTW - I cannot figure out why but whenever I see "geekengineer" I think of Archimedes. I think it may be because I read the user name wrong but am not sure! ;)

OP
OP
NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the nice comments. I shot a pretty good video feeding the new Lobophyllia today. I sped it up to really show off his behavior. This was 16 minutes sped up to a 30 second video (32x). Pretty awesome creature. I still did not clean the glass, LOL.

Last edited:

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the nice comments. I shot a pretty good video feeding the new Lobophyllia today. I sped it up to really show off his behavior. This was 16 minutes sped up to a 30 second video (32x). Pretty awesome creature. I still did not clean the glass, LOL.

Amazing !!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking at night for all the critters is a great way to enjoy the tank.
The lobo is amazing and looks great in the display

Back