2CD53D4B-6DED-4F05-8B28-B938C10298D9.jpeg

A635CA05-BE5C-48AB-B7F0-EE77F8134BF3.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends. I am going to be serious for a moment. After being very active on the site for some time, I have been sporadic in my participation on R2R since Christmas. I have taken several breaks and virtually disappeared of late. I wanted to let all of my friends here know I am doing well. What is not well is my marriage. In fact, after 15 years, it is over. I just secured an apartment this week and I am moving out of my home in May. It came very sudden and unexpected to me and it has taken time to digest this reality. I know it may seem petty to some, such as those dealing with serious health issues, but it is mine to bear. It is very likely my participation will not resume for some time as I am in transition. Life has to come first.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who reached out to me here and through conversation. I also wish to thank #ReefSquad for understanding my inactivity. When I joined ReefSquad in the fall, I was very excited. Too soon after, my life changed a great deal and I felt a bit guilty that I was not helping the team. I know you all understand, of course. It is not an obligation, but something I care deeply about. After all, I love R2R. It is my community, my church.

I know what you are all really wondering, though, is what happens with my reef. I have thought long and hard about breaking it down. It does seem to be what I should do. I am not going to though. It is so early in the tank’s life, and I have invested so much, it would be heartbreaking to dismantle it. I am going to move it with me and try to keep it going. It will not be easy. Frankly, it is not easy even to maintain it now with everything going on, but I do my best. I am not going to upgrade to a larger tank. I am going to try to make this current tank work even if I have to pare down. If it just will not work in my new place, I may sadly have to tear it down.

Here is a parting, pre-move FTS
(uglies and all)
EB618B56-FD35-4FCA-9F26-CA3A46720412.jpeg

I hope you all are well. I really am fine and I feel confident about the life ahead of me. My only real concern is the impact on my girls. They are strong little women and just like me, they will adapt.

If anyone ever needs me or just wants to say hello, I continue to monitor my conversations even when I am not posting. Your best bet to get my attention is there (I am not actively scanning Alerts for quotes or mentions).

Thanks for listening and be well.

-Brian

#HonestyInReefing
#HonestyInLife

So sorry to hear what your going through brother. Here for you man, miss you on here as well! I’m very happy to hear your doing ok and aren’t giving up on your hobby; it’s a constant in your life that has proven to give you joy. Godspeed with the move!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehhh. Uglies in life and in the tank is something we all go through. I truely wish you the best and thank you for all you have done for this forum and its community. Just your build thread alone makes people wanna come back and support this "church".

Thank you also for your lessons. Not taught, but learned. You are an example of what r2r should entail. I wont say so long, because in due time you will be back on your feet and chasing perfect shots to share with us again.

We will be awaiting the dust to settle. Just not too much in the tank :)

Stay positive, and my best for your children during this time too. Talk to you soon sir.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brian sorry to hear about your situation. As you turn the pages in the next chapters in your life will be thinking if you and your girls. Better days are in the future my friend hang tough and find joy in all you can. Will be here uf ya need to vent talk etc. Ray

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends. I am going to be serious for a moment. After being very active on the site for some time, I have been sporadic in my participation on R2R since Christmas. I have taken several breaks and virtually disappeared of late. I wanted to let all of my friends here know I am doing well. What is not well is my marriage. In fact, after 15 years, it is over. I just secured an apartment this week and I am moving out of my home in May. It came very sudden and unexpected to me and it has taken time to digest this reality. I know it may seem petty to some, such as those dealing with serious health issues, but it is mine to bear. It is very likely my participation will not resume for some time as I am in transition. Life has to come first.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who reached out to me here and through conversation. I also wish to thank #ReefSquad for understanding my inactivity. When I joined ReefSquad in the fall, I was very excited. Too soon after, my life changed a great deal and I felt a bit guilty that I was not helping the team. I know you all understand, of course. It is not an obligation, but something I care deeply about. After all, I love R2R. It is my community, my church.

I know what you are all really wondering, though, is what happens with my reef. I have thought long and hard about breaking it down. It does seem to be what I should do. I am not going to though. It is so early in the tank’s life, and I have invested so much, it would be heartbreaking to dismantle it. I am going to move it with me and try to keep it going. It will not be easy. Frankly, it is not easy even to maintain it now with everything going on, but I do my best. I am not going to upgrade to a larger tank. I am going to try to make this current tank work even if I have to pare down. If it just will not work in my new place, I may sadly have to tear it down.

(uglies and all)

I hope you all are well. I really am fine and I feel confident about the life ahead of me. My only real concern is the impact on my girls. They are strong little women and just like me, they will adapt.

If anyone ever needs me or just wants to say hello, I continue to monitor my conversations even when I am not posting. Your best bet to get my attention is there (I am not actively scanning Alerts for quotes or mentions).

-Brian

#HonestyInReefing
#HonestyInLife

Good luck sir . God willing it all will get better and work out for the best. Thanks for always showing my tank love we appreciate you

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. It means a lot. I am not bitter and I have faith we will all end up okay.
Hopefully your girls will pick up on your positive energy and that it will help them through this, also. Sometimes it takes an ending to have a new beginning. I have a feeling that, with work, you will use this new beginning to make your and your girls life even better.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

(uglies and all)

-Brian

#HonestyInReefing
#HonestyInLife

Here’s to a smooth transition, may God grant you the strength and guidance to help you through this time, as best you can!

I think I speak for all of us when I say take as much time as you need! God bless.

Jason

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back